Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,784Posts
    • 37,517Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2781
    • aau1
    • By aau1 18th Nov 18, 11:47 PM
    • 19,017 Posts
    • 327,695 Thanks
    aau1
    I became convinced I had bought the wrong type of ticket so with 2000 points at stake I made sure to do it correctly second time. Its quite clear when you choose the right type of ticket because it shows the nectar logo and tells you that you will earn 2000 points. I used the reading oxford route someone else mentioned, with my 16-25 railcard this cost 2.00. I couldnt see the nectar logo when trying to buy a ticket for my child so they can stay at home this time around and I will have a trip out instead.

Thanks to all.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    Thanks for posting this shirley999, I'm doing the same thing because this ticket option clearly says I'm earning 2004pts and I'm sure yesterday it only said 2 points
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • aau1
    • By aau1 18th Nov 18, 11:59 PM
    • 19,017 Posts
    • 327,695 Thanks
    aau1
    Ahhh, when you but the ticket, it tells you just above the BUY NOW button 'Collect 2004 points with this ticket'.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    It definitely didn't say that for me yesterday. I must have broken the offer by deviating from the screen that the email link took me to, all because I was trying to save pennies on a child's ticket!

Oh well, for a further 2 I'm happy to finally have this confirmation screen:

ETA: and the email confirmation even confirms 4 base points and 2000 bonus points. That's much more reassuring than any Virgin train offer I've ever done

Part of me thinks the points might even go on automatically and not need chasing.....

That would be refreshing
    Last edited by aau1; Today at 12:05 AM.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 19th Nov 18, 12:03 AM
    • 26,929 Posts
    • 323,464 Thanks
    davemorton
    It definitely didn't say that for me yesterday. I must have broken the offer by deviating from the screen that the email link took me to, all because I was trying to save pennies on a child's ticket!

ETA: and the email confirmation even confirms 4 base points and 2000 bonus points. That's much more reassuring than any Virgin train offer I've ever done
    Originally posted by aau1
    Isnt it just, I think virgin should take a leaf out of their book.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • aau1
    • By aau1 19th Nov 18, 12:22 AM
    • 19,017 Posts
    • 327,695 Thanks
    aau1
    Spend 5 get Bonus 2.50 Quidco
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/spend-5-get-bonus-250-quidco-3108399
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 19th Nov 18, 12:53 AM
    • 6,902 Posts
    • 89,544 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    QC:

Boohoo
    NowTVpasses

I won 10p!
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 19th Nov 18, 12:56 AM
    • 6,902 Posts
    • 89,544 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Lovely to see you, hope you are being good.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Never!
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Nov 18, 1:36 AM
    • 13,528 Posts
    • 151,123 Thanks
    Anon
    I became convinced I had bought the wrong type of ticket so with 2000 points at stake I made sure to do it correctly second time. It’s quite clear when you choose the right type of ticket because it shows the nectar logo and tells you that you will earn 2000 points. I used the reading oxford route someone else mentioned, with my 16-25 railcard this cost 2.00. I couldn’t see the nectar logo when trying to buy a ticket for my child so they can stay at home this time around and I will have a trip out instead.

Thanks to all.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    Thanks for posting this shirley999, I'm doing the same thing because this ticket option clearly says I'm earning 2004pts and I'm sure yesterday it only said 2 points

Part of me thinks the points might even go on automatically and not need chasing.....

That would be refreshing

I followed that and booked for next week as the points seemed to show then on screen and on the confirmation email, so 2 spent.

I chose mobile ticket to save me having to pick them up from the station ... .

Thank you all.

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; Today at 1:47 AM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 19th Nov 18, 2:12 AM
    • 15,165 Posts
    • 258,734 Thanks
    Snap-ant

That would be refreshing

Many thanks
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• tweets
    • By tweets 19th Nov 18, 4:15 AM
    • 30,497 Posts
    • 433,746 Thanks
    tweets
    Norming
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

125Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter