Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your loss tweets. Sending you love and inappropriate hugs :grouphug: x
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Sorry to hear about your loss tweets. Sending you love and inappropriate hugs :grouphug: x

Lovely to see you, hope you are being good. :eek:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,993 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    silvercar wrote: »
    I generally buy jeans in M&S, usually need to get Long though I'm not that tall.

Then I found GAP outlet and their jeans are a similar price and fit really well. Hatfield Galleria has a nice store for anyone near me.

We have always found the galleria to be the most overpriced 'outlet centre' ever but perhaps it is an elite thing...only time we bought anything from the gap was when amex were doing a 25 account credit on 50 spend.

Still well behind on rains, dropped in at closing time and same cs on double up till and she would certainly have remembered me as we had a long chat whilst waiting for them to get the consoles out of the stock room so just got dd1 to cash out another lot of voucher but we are still at 4 requested and 2 spent out of 8 batches, need to fit a lot in this weekend on top of the normal football, netball, drama club etc and a sweet Sunday movie.
    I think....
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    tbw wrote: »
    I was going to but, seeing as the 1000 points ones I did in the week have not registered at all, I need to work out what went wrong first.

I followed the helpful instructions but I think I messed up entering my nectar number - at the payment stage it said 'you could earn points on this ticket ' and I put my number in there. Was that the wrong place ? Neither LNER or virgin mentioned nectar on their confirmation emails.

It can take 2-3 days (sometimes more) for the virgin/LNER base points to register.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    edited 17 November 2018 at 1:21AM

Wow, thanks for flagging this. I had missed it :eek:

It's not showing on my nectar app but the URL on HUKD takes you to what looks like an offer that is open to all. :j

https://www.gwr.com/destinations-and-events/email-subscribe-offer
    To collect 2,000 Nectar points, worth £10, simply select your chosen email marketing preferences and buy a ticket through the 'Welcome email' by 12:30 Thursday 29 November 2018. Terms and conditions apply.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    The best anyone on HUKD can find is Oxford - Paddington (£2.70 for a child). Can we do any better?
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    aau1 wrote: »
    The best anyone on HUKD can find is Oxford - Paddington (£2.70 for a child). Can we do any better?

Have you included a railcard in that?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Bedminster to Parson Street £1.20 for a child :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2018 at 2:13AM

Amateurs :D. Oxford to Reading or Reading to Oxford, £1.50 for a child on GWR flagged trains. We need to discover if there are any shorter routes on GWR specific trains.

Anything cheaper?

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Bedminster to Parson Street £1.20 for a child :)

Be careful before booking - these seem to say any route so may not qualify?

I will wait for further views before booking :D.

HTH

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family