Automatic renewal of discount deals by Sky

Last November I received a letter from Sky stating that they had decided to extend my discount by another 12 months. Happy days!!
No need to haggle.
Obviously I'm now approaching the end of the 12 months and I'm wondering if anyone else who got a similar letter last year has been lucky enough to get their deals renewed again.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Look at the "Future Bills" section of your My Sky account. You'll soon know whether your deals are ending or not.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,500
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    In my limited experience, these rollover discount offers seem to be totally random -I've had discounts for the last 5 years now -but had to haggle on each occasion. My S-I-L similarly haggles every year or so, and has done for more time than me.
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    In my limited experience, these rollover discount offers seem to be totally random -I've had discounts for the last 5 years now -but had to haggle on each occasion. My S-I-L similarly haggles every year or so, and has done for more time than me.

Totally random (or at least seemingly to us) but also pretty much few and far between.

Edit: actually I have no idea why they did it as all they managed to do in my case was to tick me off and put me on the offensive with them.
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I received my first "your discount is continuing" letter last December (60% discount - old HD box Basic package/Boxsets/Movies).

Just got the same letter again last week.

Happy days :-)
    Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I got the same letter - with a continuing £13 discount - however what they are expecting me to pay is increasing by £3 per month - due to price rises from Febtuary - so I am going to have another negotiation with them - to try to get it reduced furthet still (I have been a Sky customer for 16 years and am considering leaving)
  • I got one of these letters today - is this a post Christmas thing? They are extending my savings of £22 per month until March 2020. I have haggled 5 years in a row so this saves both of us the hassle
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 January 2019 at 6:00PM
    I had a similar rollover e-mail a few months earlier
    I gave into keeping sports at discounted rate only on the understanding I could cancel if required when my contract expires March 2019 by applying 31 days notice from Feb (which I don't have any intention of selecting)
    I'm more concerned that I feel I enjoy browsing internet rather than constant footy.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure