Argos agent swearing on the phone ...

Comments

• Bucki
    Bucki Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Read the whole thread.

It certainly doesnt soun like she was swearing at you even if swear words where used.

F ing hell is generally a term of frustration. If i had hear it in your context idve probably assumed theyd done something there end which warranted it. Like maybe they stubbed their toe on their desk or shed just seen the office lunch runner go out of the door without placing her order.

Either way, its someone on minimum wage who i know really doestn care about me or even know me for that matter. I just wouldnt care if they swore around me or not.

Ok right, lets say she bang her head against a wall and said "f... hell" fine.
    BUT why do they all claim not to have heard it, that is the pathetic case.

I heard it and it was a f...hell because she had hard time, was frustrated (though I talked as normal as to anybody else ....).

I shall be listening to the phone recording when I received it eventually.
    Again, I don't want the person being sacked ... far from it! I wanted ARGOS to step up like a Pro-Business and apologies, admit to what happened and then make a reasonable offer.

£30 of which I paid over £110.00 is not reasonable, or am I mistaken here?
  • Bucki
    Browntoa wrote: »
    £30 compensation is ample

If head office and transcript show no swearing then that will no longer be offered.

Your call ....

I have email from Exec. wanting me to accept the £30
    and I said, I want the copy of the recording and then I may re-consider your offer.

Never the less to why agent would say "it was not me it was somebody else" remains unexplained and Argos denies any answering or explaining to that although it implies that something has been said!

So.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I also like an apology and compensation ... of which £30 over £1100 is peanut.

Compo compo compo i want compo thats what it boils down to .
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2019 at 4:29PM
    1. You say you were swore at over 'a service you paid for'

As far as I can see you paid for a 2 bed, and instead of cancelling the order, or returning and rebuying, you called to 'upgrade' Even your wording here is confusing 'I did call the customer service to have the divan upgraded to a 4 draw instead of 2.
    However, my English is not perfect, and the agent accent was not something I am used to ... and I tried to explain that I received 2 draws and want 4 draws instead bla bla bla.'

Did you call to upgrade before dispatch, or did you call wanting to return and replace?

I am struggling to follow your version of events also, no wonder the CSA was frustrated.

Saying 'fffffff hell' is not swearing. Its an expression of frustration. You are not entitled to anything for any hassle cos you got upset someone was frustrated with you when you admit you were being frustrated, struggle with your English and did not understand the lady on the phone. I'm sure she was being patient with you until that point, perhaps you should have some patience with the frustrations you caused her.

Her saying 'it was someone else' was I am sure after you repeatedly said you had heard swearing (which even in your own version, you did not, you heard implied swearing, not the same') Of course the Agent did not say it out-loud but was in sort of off the phone as she was frustrated. so why not say 'if you heard swearing it wasnt me, it was someone else' either in her background or yours.

She didn't say it out loud. End of. They cant hear it because she didnt say it 'out loud' They hear her saying 'fffff' she could have meant, flipping hell, flopping hell, fishing hell, who knows.

But they didnt hear it because you say she didnt say it.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Bucki wrote: »
    Ok right, lets say she bang her head against a wall and said "f... hell" fine.
    BUT why do they all claim not to have heard it, that is the pathetic case.

I heard it and it was a f...hell because she had hard time, was frustrated (though I talked as normal as to anybody else ....).

I shall be listening to the phone recording when I received it eventually.
    Again, I don't want the person being sacked ... far from it! I wanted ARGOS to step up like a Pro-Business and apologies, admit to what happened and then make a reasonable offer.

£30 of which I paid over £110.00 is not reasonable, or am I mistaken here?

If you spent £100 and they swore at you would you expect less money than if you spent £10,000 and swore at you?

Thats not really how it works.

Company complaints departments normally have a discretionary fund they can use to alleviate complaints. All they want is for you to go away thinking it wasnt bad enough that i wont use them again. This is normally up to a maximum of about £50 unless youre a particularly lucrative customer in which you might expect them to do a bit more. it doesnt matter how much youve spent on that particular transaction.

Honestly take the £30 and forget about it. Youre already getting more angry at strangers on the interenet than you need to be about it. You are not owed anything. Argos, if they so wish can allow their staff to swear at customers, i suspect they dont but thats by the by, they can allow them to.

The only thing you get to control is you and your actions.
  • Bucki
    1. You say you were swore at over 'a service you paid for'

As far as I can see you paid for a 2 bed, and instead of cancelling the order, or returning and rebuying, you called to 'upgrade' Even your wording here is confusing 'I did call the customer service to have the divan upgraded to a 4 draw instead of 2.
    However, my English is not perfect, and the agent accent was not something I am used to ... and I tried to explain that I received 2 draws and want 4 draws instead bla bla bla.'

Did you call to upgrade before dispatch, or did you call wanting to return and replace?

I am struggling to follow your version of events also, no wonder the CSA was frustrated.

Saying 'fffffff hell' is not swearing. Its an expression of frustration. You are not entitled to anything for any hassle cos you got upset someone was frustrated with you when you admit you were being frustrated, struggle with your English and did not understand the lady on the phone. I'm sure she was being patient with you until that point, perhaps you should have some patience with the frustrations you caused her.

Her saying 'it was someone else' was I am sure after you repeatedly said you had heard swearing (which even in your own version, you did not, you heard implied swearing, not the same') Of course the Agent did not say it out-loud but was in sort of off the phone as she was frustrated. so why not say 'if you heard swearing it wasnt me, it was someone else' either in her background or yours.

She didn't say it out loud. End of. They cant hear it because she didnt say it 'out loud' They hear her saying 'fffff' she could have meant, flipping hell, flopping hell, fishing hell, who knows.

But they didnt hear it because you say she didnt say it.

My bad, maybe I should take my time when typing in English, as I do speak three other languages and I do tend to get words mixed up. Anyway, "f... hell" is an expression but should that be tolerated? Also, I was talking to the agent and therefore the "f... hell" is directed to me.

Indeed, I called after I have received the items, read the original thread.
    I phoned and asked for an upgrade ... and that is where it ended.

She was frustrated but THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!
    She works for a company who meant to represent it professionally, right?

F... is still F.... therefore is a swear word.
  • Bucki
    spadoosh wrote: »

Indeed, I can see some angry people on here, as if I have caused them trouble!!
    Oh dear me .... didn't think that this site is full of arrogant and angry people (excluding the good ones).

As I said, I came here to see if anybody else had similar issue etc.
    I shall wait and see when I listened to the recording myself.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    My bad, maybe I should take my time when typing in English, as I do speak three other languages and I do tend to get words mixed up. Anyway, "f... hell" is an expression but should that be tolerated? Also, I was talking to the agent and therefore the "f... hell" is directed to me.

The original thread is as clear as mud, please don't tell me to reread.

You said she did not say it out loud! So how did she say it, if not out loud. Did she think it?
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

She works for a company that is backing her up. Even if you can prove she did swear ad it was specifically aimed at you it sound like her superiors have listened to the recording and are uninterested in acting on it. There is nowhere further to go. There no point reporting it to Trading standards, they wouldnt be interested. Theres no point reporting it to the police, it wouldnt be classed as abuse. Theres no point trying to sue because you havent suffered any loss.

Your options are to take the £30 of whinge and complain more trying to get more, bearing in mind they are under no obligation to give you anything, so thye could just as easily say, well we dont want to give you the £30 anymore please go away and leave us alon or well get a restraining order against you.

This isnt about right and wrong. Yes swearing to at or around a customer is wrong. What this is about is what you can do about it, the answer is very little. Youre pretty much stuck with taking £30 and trying to have the moral high ground of not using them.

No one, not us, not a governing body, not the courts, just no one will make them pay you more than £30 for what has happened.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Anyway, "f... hell" is an expression but should that be tolerated? Also, I was talking to the agent and therefore the "f... hell" is directed to me.

1+1 = 9? (I am saying that no it was not necessarily directed at you).

And? Personally words do not bother me. Swear words are nothing special, I think they should be used more. Now if the agent was being abusive to you than that is a different matter, however from everything mentiond this does not seem the case. Purely two people with wildly different accents trying to understand each other. Frustration is guaranteed. Maybe you could have asked to be put through to a differnet asdvisor or hung up and tried again? I have had to do this, just because people speak the same language does not mean they understand each other. also do they not have web chat. I usaully find that to be a lot more helpful when contacting people and you usually get through to a better class of advisor that is actually allowed to make descions themselves rather than having to call you back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure