The Edcawber Principle

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My first day back today. I. am. so. tired. Less than three weeks off and my body clock had uber-shifted away from 0530 getups
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My first day back today. I. am. so. tired. Less than three weeks off and my body clock had uber-shifted away from 0530 getups

That is tough SL - I forget - do you not work in Suffolk?

My alarm used to be set for 05:45, but 06:00 appears to be working ok (fingers crossed)
  • Suffolk_lass
    No, I only live here. I work in London. An hour and a half in and a bit longer out at the end of the day. Would be worse if DH did not take me to the Station in the morning and collect me most evenings. Over £6k season ticket too. No wonder I am retiring!
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • Suffolk_lass
    Not long until pay-day for you, I think. I hope you are OK!. I saw a little clip of a free motor skills thing for children and thought of Miss E here
  • edinburgher
    Not long until pay-day for you, I think. I hope you are OK!. I saw a little clip of a free motor skills thing for children and thought of Miss E here

Great idea, I love it :T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Have a happy weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have a happy weekend :)

Cheers Beanie, going ok so far.

Started some spring gardening this morning, a nice family day, mass and a nice dinner and now relaxing with Mrs E.

Not bad for a skint Saturday.
  • beanielou
    Blooming good for a skint Saturday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Life has been hectic.

Work crazy. £100+ unexpected vet's bill and laptop had to be rebuilt, leading to losing MS Office (a HUP copy from an old job, so could not be restored).

We have enough money to fund all our pots and pay CC minimums for February - please no more surprises! :eek:

Pay settlement ballot closes in a fortnight, so hopeful of back pay either mid-February or March...

Ps. What about that Br3xit? Crazy stuff.
  • beanielou
    Crazy indeed.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback