'Closed Accounts' on Noddle

Hi,

I am not sure if this is in the right section but I am wondering if you can be chased for debts shown in your 'closed accounts' section on Noddle. 2 separate companies have been sending emails chasing debts that are considered 'settled' or 'satisfied' on my Noddle account.

Can someone please shed some light on to what the 'closed accounts' actually are?

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can be chased for any debt if you are liable. A status on credit reference agencies do not release your liability to debts.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The closed status isn't of importance - it's whether they are settled/statute barred.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is in the right section but I am wondering if you can be chased for debts shown in your 'closed accounts' section on Noddle. 2 separate companies have been sending emails chasing debts that are considered 'settled' or 'satisfied' on my Noddle account.

Can someone please shed some light on to what the 'closed accounts' actually are?

Can't answer without knowing whether the debt collection notices are coming from the original lender or a debt collection agency they have appointed or whether the original lender has sold the debt.

It's not unusual for a lender to sell the debt and then mark it as closed or settled or satisfied. In that case the debt will be shown as such in your credit history but you owe the debt to the new owner of the debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure