Options

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    no roaming at present

Roaming - coming this Summer
    We’re a UK-only network at the moment, but the good news is you’ll be able to use your phone to roam this Summer.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am looking at joining this company, I would be most interested to find out what existing customers think of this company?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking at joining this company, I would be most interested to find out what existing customers think of this company?

Overall just as efficient as most other providers. It's a subsidiary of Three so we can expect service similar to Three.

My only concern is that the Smarty sim is used in my stand-by phone which has data turned off but every month it's said to use 1MB of data. So on my small plan I only get refunded for 1GB instead of 2GB.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Overall just as efficient as most other providers. It's a subsidiary of Three so we can expect service similar to Three.

My only concern is that the Smarty sim is used in my stand-by phone which has data turned off but every month it's said to use 1MB of data. So on my small plan I only get refunded for 1GB instead of 2GB.

Thanks for this, sounds like you are loving £1.25 a month (£15.00 a month roughly)

Is the sim a month only contract then??? has the company had any increases ??
  • Anthorn
    Options
    Thanks for this, sounds like you are loving £1.25 a month (£15.00 a month roughly)

Is the sim a month only contract then??? has the company had any increases ??

Mine is the small plan which allows 2GB for £7.50p. So £1.25p off next month's bill it's £6.25p. The contract is a rolling month and paid by card continuous authority.

The plus for me for my main phone which I will be moving to smarty this month is that credit can be bought which doesn't run out and buys extra Gigs of data if I need it for £1.25p per Gig.

For my main phone I'll be going for the Large plan which is 8 Gigs for £15 per month and a deposit of £30 for credit. If my current usage doesn't change I'll be getting a refund in some months and buying extra Gigs in other months.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 June 2018 at 9:35PM
    Options
    You should be credited for every unused MB, there's no per minimum GB charge as such. It might be worth double-checking with them. There have been no price increases since they launched in Aug as far as I recall.
  • Anthorn
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    You should be credited for every unused MB, there's no per minimum GB charge as such. It might be worth double-checking with them. There have been no price increases since they launched in Aug as far as I recall.

Sorted. You are correct. Refunds are pro rata per MB. I still wonder where the 1MB usage comes from but Smarty are disregarding it.

Last month's email from Smarty:
    Just to confirm, payment for your plan has gone through. Your plan will renew again on 09-06-2018.

You had 2.0 GB of unused data from last month, which meant a £2.48 discount on this month's bill!

Thanks,

The SMARTY team
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Two posts mentioning referral removed , this is not the place
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • dtrain
    dtrain Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got this from Smarty this morning:
    Hi there! We’re confident that you'll be able to enjoy roaming sometime in July, but we're unable to confirm an exact launch date at the moment.

--

Poppy Poppy from SMARTY

Too late for me though. I'm away at the end of the month.
  • trinidadone
    edited 9 June 2018 at 2:04AM
    Options
    I have just joined Smarty, i am currently awaiting my sim card, and i have a month free also :) i got the small package.

I have just seen the virgin media sim only package for:

2GB 2500 minutes unlimited text message - £6.00 month 12 months.

am I able to cancel my order with Smarty if i wanted to, and if so how?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure