Csa won’t lower payments

Hi all been paying for little one through csa for years for the last few years been paying 242 a month wages been 30-35000 per year which is fine . Few months ago I got the renewal and it went up to 257 a month but from January this year all overtime has been cut so my wages are now 21000 a year.

I sent wagesios to prove this 11 I believe. They have said that they are not changing it even though they are under the 25% reduction I’m puzzled as to why .

I can appeal is it worth it or anything else I can do?

Comments

• BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Theres a number of options available to you.

The first is, as you say, to appeal.

The second is to continue to pay the amount they are asking for. Do you pay for other things for your child or just the amount through CSA? If you were paying for additional things before then you could stop paying them and it could be taken out of the CSA money.

The third choice, and the one that I would take, would be to stop paying CSA and let the resident parent contact the CMS for a fresh payment schedule.
  • bradrock
    bradrock Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BAFE wrote: »
    Theres a number of options available to you.

The first is, as you say, to appeal.

The second is to continue to pay the amount they are asking for. Do you pay for other things for your child or just the amount through CSA? If you were paying for additional things before then you could stop paying them and it could be taken out of the CSA money.

The third choice, and the one that I would take, would be to stop paying CSA and let the resident parent contact the CMS for a fresh payment schedule.

Won’t they just take it out my wages if I stop paying??
  • HoneyNutLoop
    HoneyNutLoop Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    bradrock wrote: »
    Won’t they just take it out my wages if I stop paying??

Yes, they would.

Do you have a shared care allowance or other children in your household?

I ask because the monthly payment for one child without any other adjustments for an income of £35k would be £350.09.

The monthly payment for an income of £30k would be £299.09.

A monthly payment of £242 would give an income of £24,200. If your new income is £21k, then it wouldn’t breach the 25% tolerance rule.

I would start by checking your previous calculation letters to see what income they were basing your past maintenance payments on.
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure