Switching Energy Suppliers while not at home

Options
Sara21
Sara21 Posts: 43 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Evening all!
My tariff with Scottish Power is ending next month and the ML Cheap Energy Club has suggested I switch to Eon. I'm only living in the property at the weekends at the moment as I'm working away from home - do I need to be in the house for the switchover, either for visits or meter readings?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sara :)

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The switchover will be seamless - nobody will visit your home.

The new supplier will need meter readings from you once the changeover is under way but there is some flexibility as to actually when.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sara21 wrote: »
    Evening all!
    My tariff with Scottish Power is ending next month and the ML Cheap Energy Club has suggested I switch to Eon. I'm only living in the property at the weekends at the moment as I'm working away from home - do I need to be in the house for the switchover, either for visits or meter readings?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Sara :)

Hello Sara and thanks for your interest in joining us.

Don't worry, as Robin9 explains, we don't need to visit your home.

Changes of supplier are done remotely. We'll apply to SP for the account and be in touch with you a few days before the start date to ask for meter readings. We'll start your account from these readings and send them to SP. They'll use the same readings to close their account and issue a final bill.

There are several ways to let us have your readings including online through our website, phone app or Live Chat service; by phone or text; email or letter. There are also private message services available on our Social Media channels - twitter/Facebook- if you prefer.

Hope this is useful Sara. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure