PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Let's Get Motivated

Comments

• To-do this morning some rearranging of baby blanket squares and sewing them all together,

knitting a border around the edge, should use the whole of the morning doing this ,

lunch ,
    quick whizz around with the hoover before going to DDs.

let her dogs out

stack the dishwasher for her .
    prep her veg for their dinner tonight
    (mine I did yesterday ).

Wait for my DGS to come in from school sort their snacks out

wait for my son-in-law to come in from work.

and then come home cook my own dinner
    wash up
    sink onto the sofa around 7.30 tonight .

Thank goodness I have no shopping to get I just couldn't fit it in anyway :):):)

have a good day busy chums

JackieO xx
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    I'm going to have to join you I'm slowly getting behind with things with my reluctance to leave home on my days off, as much as I'm getting the jobs done at home there more often I'm spending my days in my fleece PJs :o
    So first task it to get changed on my days off even if I'm not leaving the house.
    Shopping is becoming a issue haven't been doing much of late, freezer is almost empty so I will defrost and clean it out and write a list, been to many trips to the local co_op of late for the odd thing and to many something on toast nights.
    I'm not good in winter the best of times but this year I'm really struggling to find any mojo to do anything.
  • I always feel more motivated when I make lists too.

Today I felt tired and achy so I only had a short list, attend an appointment in London, buy some toiletries and come back and make my husband some sandwiches for work as he is working late tonight. I did some washing up too.

This afternoon all I have to do is vacuum downstairs (a 5 minute job), feed the pets and write in my journal. I want to start using my journal everyday actually so I'm going to put it alongside my laptop on my desk.:)

Tomorrow will be:

1. Write in my journal.

2. Finish a few more chapters of my book.
    It's a health book and I'm taking ages to read it as I keep getting distracted by other books!:D

3. Clean around the windowsill in my bedroom as I noticed there were some little mould spots.

4. Go out to local shop to buy a few bits.

5. Put a load of washing in the washing machine in the evening ready to run the tumble dryer the next morning.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Well done all! Lots going on! Tonight I'll be pressed for time as we're at running club until 8:30pm

Tonight:

Eat
    Process one load laundry
    Use limescale stuff on shower door
    Pack lunches for tomorrow (decant cereal for me, put fruit in boxes)
    Go to sleep with a clean kitchen

I feel like any more will be setting myself up to fail as I've been crazy busy at work.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Today is my busiest day of the week (closely followed by Weds).
    I did 3 hours of housework for a client (including 2 loads of heavy laundry - towels and sheets).
    Then I had 10 min lunch and then did my food shopping.
    Visited a friend in a care home and sorted out her wardrobe (stuff to hang up etc).
    Got a txt from auntie asking if I could get a couple of things from the shop (the one I had just been in for my own shopping, duh). Walked back to shop, got the items and raced to next client.
    Did another hour of housework, inc turning a large mattress.
    Dropped shopping off at auntie's.
    Did final hour n a quarter for last client.

Got home at 5pm and slumped in a chair!

If / when i recover the use of my arms i shall try and finish the card toppers I started making yesterday :)

I am not doing any paid work tomorrow :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tori.k - I have often got quite depressed in winter. Not having to do a long commute, leaving home in the dark and getting home in the dark all week for months helps nowadays!

There is a theory that getting properly dressed helps people get on with jobs round the house but I often do tonnes of jobs on a sunday morning before I shed my dressing gown. Anything done then is sort of 'before' the real day starts and so doesn't feel like chores. Sorry, that may not make sense to anyone!

I think the biggest thing is to recognise when you are not doing things you want to do, and then see what you can change to help you get the right balance. Maybe just plan to go 'proper shopping' once a fortnight? That may be enough and if you find that works out, use the alternate week to go out for fun!?
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    I struggle with lists too!

My friend suggested writing a list of everything you can think of that needs doing and aim for one a day :) if you do more then great but at least 1 means you are moving forward.
    Living the simple life
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Today's "I've done" list is shorter but I feel as though I achieved more than yesterday!
    Took rubbish & recycling to respective wheelies
    Loaded dishwasher and did some residual washing up
    Did some hand-washing
    Spent most of the morning trying to sort out my pension
    Cleared some admin that I do on a voluntary basis
    Checked through the fridge for bits that need used up
  • tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning.

Yesterday I did freeze down the chicken before work, which for me is a real achievement. Usually I don't do anything before work!! I also sent the birthday card but I didn't do the dusting. That's because DH had the day off and he cleaned the entire house. Totally out of character but totally great.

Today I only have one item to do, because it's my birthday so I plan on having a chilled out day. My important job today is to take a charity shoe box to the collection point. This sounds fairly easy but when I went there yesterday, the church was closed. The lady organising it is not replying to emails or texts so I'm hoping I can resolve this today. I don't want my shoe box to go to waste.

I'm cooking a meal for my family tonight. I am looking forward to that. It's what makes me happy.

Mademoiselle - I have looked at the Flylady thread (some years ago) and found it intense! I'm glad it's working for you, and that you are becoming more organised.

JackieO - that is one hell of a list. Your DD is a lucky lady.

Tori.k - I'm sending you hugs. Did you manage to get out of those comfy PJs yesterday? If you didn't, don't beat yourself up. Today is another day and you can try again. Please let us know how you are doing.

Wednesday2000 - I hope the aches and pains have disappeared. Did you manage that hoovering?

MandM90 - it's such a good idea not to set yourself too much when life is hectic. I love that you are so organised for your next day ahead.

MMF007 - that's an amazing amount of work done. How are the arms?

Tink_04 - one item a day is a great plan.

Caronc - I love, love, love that you feel you have achieved more. It's the whole point of this thread. You've reminded me that I have hand washing in the bottom of the laundry basket.

Have a great day everyone.

tjp
    If Plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters
  • tjp70 she has recently had a foot operation and is on crutches at the moment ,but has returned to work full time so anything I can do to help I don't mind,but as I look after three of the boys full time anyway its not a problem as oth her and her OH work long hours.She is a good lass though and never takes advantage and the boys all know that when I sit down one of them will go and make me a cuppa (I taught them well :):):))

This morning is a bit easier I have a coffee morning to host at 10.00 for my U3A group ,we all meet at the local dobbies and its a nice morning nattering and catching up with friends then home for lunch and after return library books and off to DdD to let the dogs out and prep her veg and tidy the kitchen for her and await the boys coming in from school They are all teenagers now (17,16 & 13)so no toys to tidy up at least:)
    Home hopefully by 6.30 a quick cuppa and then off to Quiz night at the pub tonight as I run a U3A team there Home by 10.30 and another day has vanished from my life :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure