PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Love food hate Waste Part two for 2018 :)

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Another thing I do in my air fryer is roast chick peas. Again with Frylight, or any herbs, sea salt, black pepper etc.I either eat them like nuts, or put them on top of a salad :D

Candy have you tried kale crisps in yours, I have the last of some cavolo nero to use up and I was wondering if it would work I can't get them right when I've tried them in the oven :huh:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Living_proof
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    My DD has an airfryer she doesn't use I may see if she wants to donate it to her old Mum and give it a go,I rarely eat chips(special treat now and again at the pub quiz night) so would be interested in recipes as well

I have one Jackie and use it occasionally and it is very good for anything which would taste yummier being fried than oven-baked conventionally. Why not borrow it for a while and see what you think? For a long time I coveted a halogen oven but was lent one by a friend. I really didn't rate it at all and was quite glad to hand it back without having to expend any hard-earned cash. These gadgets take up a lot of space and I should know, I have a garage-full of them, all neatly stacked on shelves. If I had to house them in my kitchen it would be quite a different matter!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    Candy have you tried kale crisps in yours, I have the last of some cavolo nero to use up and I was wondering if it would work I can't get them right when I've tried them in the oven :huh:

Not yet hun :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • candygirl
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Roasted chickpeas sound really nice, and I think I would like to try to use in a salad as I do eat salads if possible with most meals:j

I chuck them on a basic salad, with feta :p

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Friday we had Chinese delivered (as DSis was back) enough for Saturday night’s dinner as well. Sunday through to Wednesday night inclusive HB recipe for Hungarian Goulash Soup with soured cream & crusty bread (I have no freezer space :() for DH & I. DSis has had various items from the freezer including burgers, chips & beans tonight.

Still nothing binned since the 24th :D

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning chums working my fridge and freezer down all of this week as I will be away for most of Christmas and New year too-ing and fro-ing between my DDs house. Foodwise I think I have only actually spent £11.48 this month on essentials so a good wodge left in my food purse at the moment
    I shall have stuffed peppers and salad for lunch as I am off to pick up my DGS Jack fro Uni in Hertfordshire later this afternoon. I may make him a couple of rolls to eat on the way back as his lectures don't finish until 6.00p.m. so we will be late on the road and he won't have eaten

Right must crack on as I want to get the ironing done and dusted this morning

Onwards and upwards chums

JackieO xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ironing done and put away and went to London this afternoon with DGS as he needed a passport interview, got that domne fairly quickly and got the train back down to Kent asap as Victoria Station was chokka at 3.00pm, but he did spot Steve Coogan waiting for a train which he thought was cool :):)
    Just roasting some yellow peppers and stilton in my remoska to have for dinner tonight with salad.Using up as much as I can.I have just worked it out I only have four dinners to cook before I go on my Christmas jaunts between family for around 10 days :) so I don't want to waste anything if I can help it When I picked DGS jack up from Uni yesterday I think my ways must have rubbed off on him as he had a small bag with stuff from his fridge that he remembered to bring home with him as he is home for about three weeks :)

Righ my peppers are smelling nice so I shall go and sort the rest of my meal out Last bit of lemon yogurt will be pudding so thats all used up as well :)
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks all for sharing what you do in your air fryer - I'm still experimenting and am hoping Santa might bring me a recipe book. ;) Stuffed peppers could feature on the menu this week. :D

Today I've made 8 mini vanilla cheesecakes as I had all the ingredients in stock plus it's used up the last bits of demerara sugar and icing sugar from the baking cupboard, so no spending involved. :) They're now in the freezer and we'll have a couple over Christmas topped with some fruit (whatever we have in) instead of Xmas pudding which we're not overly keen on. There's a little bit of cream left and I'll finish that off tonight with my last banana. :)

No shopping this week, apart from fresh milk, thanks to an ever-giving freezer and full cupboards, although I still have some Xmas food shopping to do on Friday (meat, veg, potatoes and a few odds & ends) which I'm not looking forward to. :( It was crowded enough last week so heaven knows what it will be like this week.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • candygirl
    Options
    YORKLASS There's sometimes free kindle recipe books online, also Google air fryer recipes x:D

• littlegreenparrot
    Options
    I had an airfryer that I loved, it died last year but am looking out for a new one. If I'm still missing it, it's definitely worth it!

Very proud of myself, 1/2 a stale baguette that DH bought and didn't eat, became a delicious bread pudding.
    Sliced up, found a part used jar of mincemeat in the cupboard so some of that between the slices. All drenched in custard and left to soak. Made a lovely pudding after a roast yesterday, Have had some tonight, and still a portion left.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback