webuyanycar.co.uk - any feedback?

any feedback from people here who used this site?

They quoted a "so so" price online, but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.

Comments

• do a search, most people report them as little !!!!!!s
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.

I've read similar stories about them. To get the quoted price your car would have to be in showroom condition, brand new tyres, brand new brakes, brand new exhaust etc etc.
  • Hi there
    If you look at my other post I have also tried to find people who have used this car website amongst others, but at present they appear to give you a price then knock you down when you take the car in, but you are under no obligation. Good luck
    Regards
  • Thanks, I searched other threads in here and it looks like my fears have been confirmed.
    I wouldn't have minded trying them out, but what annoys me is that they seem to play the time game, i.e. prolonging the process hoping you'll give in.
  • albionrovers
    albionrovers Posts: 2,028 Forumite
    They offered me £810 online.

I got £750, was happy with that. Whole process took 5 mins.

My car had heaps wrong with it but bodywork was shiny and it started 1st time.
  • Daughter and SIL tried them with a 6 yr old C5 Diesel estate. Their quoted initial price was acceptable, slightly more than trade in. However, after listing every, as they thought, little defect on the car, the webuy rep "found" all sorts of other faults, even a slight mark on the driver's seat base covering not visible without lying upside down in the front footwell! After his inspection the original offer dropped by about £300 so they told him to get lost and sold the car privately.
    They only went the webuy route to avaoid the hassle of advertising, viewings by prospective buyers etc.
    So if you're not prepared for a lot less than expectation then don't go there. If you think all defects, including v. minor cosmetic ones have been listed for the original quote then you'll be sadly disappointed. They'll find something wrong to decrease their offer.
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    One word... Bargepole!
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • david69_2
    david69_2 Posts: 580 Forumite
    another word tit
  • Think about the service they offer. They buy the car cheap and sell at a small profit. Why would they give you what the value of the car is, whatever that may be. They are a business after all
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • Think about the service they offer. They buy the car cheap and sell at a small profit. Why would they give you what the value of the car is, whatever that may be. They are a business after all

Thanks for your contribution... and for stating the obvious :rolleyes:
    but this is not really the topic of the thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family