£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• grumiofoundation
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone who has initiated a switch in the last couple of days tell me what the earliest switch date offered was?
    I'm trying to leave it as late as possible due to a recent application and switch in progress.

Many thanks

Did yesterday and earliest offered was 18th October.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I've had a letter to day - with no mention of an activation code - saying in effect that I'm good to go! Their words: 'you've got everything you need'.

Odd.

Have they sent you a message or email with the activation code?
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone who has initiated a switch in the last couple of days tell me what the earliest switch date offered was?
    I'm trying to leave it as late as possible due to a recent application and switch in progress.

Many thanks

"The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from the 01/10/19 to 05/11/19." - from Lloyds t&c
    From this i would understand that if you opened an account and initiated a switch on 5 November you would qualify for the reward.
    Although also this "The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time."
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    movingon wrote: »
    Application on Chrome not working as "Next" button still not apparent on Switch page. I guess other people struggling as this is the current message on the application page:

"Sorry, our website is unavailable at the moment
    Unfortunately, we're currently experiencing technical difficulties which means you're unable to access our website.

We're working hard to get everything back to normal but in the meantime, please:

Try again in a few minutes, or
    Contact us by phone using the details to the right (please be patient as our lines may be extremely busy)"

See my post number 227.
    Did you try pressing the 'tab' key .... the 'continue' button appears half-hidden at the bottom of the page, left hand side if I remember correctly. It worked for me.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    I’ve done all this exactly. My switch completes on 15th and incentive just paid. New CL account appears in online banking.

The next step is to downgrade the new CL back to classic and then re-upgrade the first account back to CL. I use Lloyd’s as a hub as it works the best for me in terms of interest in current accounts for variable amounts as I can have reasonable balance swings.

Thanks Herbalus. Now to brave the vagaries of the Lloyds website:p
    I'd planned to do that, but after a month or two. Are you doing this straight away?

Assuming all goes to plan, I'll leave mine a week or so until I get my head around the repercussions:o.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Have they sent you a message or email with the activation code?

No...I was expecting it in a letter, hence my disappointment. Not unduly concerned though, my switch is due to complete on the 16th.
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    All this talk of upgrading and downgrading of accounts has got me thinking about the cinema tickets. Assume you use all 6 within the first couple of months. Could you downgrade the account and then upgrade it again to get another 6. Effectively having no limit to the amount of cinema tickets you could get?
  • Xs500
    Xs500 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have an existing long held Club Lloyds a/c.
    I have today opened a second Club Lloyd's account. This has been confirmed by Lloyds and the sort code and a/c number for this new account are shown on my online banking page as up and running, alongside my existing accounts.
    My query is - will this new account be eligible for the switching bonus when I pursue the switching process on it?
    The T&Cs seem to specify that the bonus will be paid on switching to a new Cub account, ie this new second account should be eligible.
  • badger09
    Options
    Herbalus wrote: »
    I’ve done all this exactly. My switch completes on 15th and incentive just paid. New CL account appears in online banking.

The next step is to downgrade the new CL back to classic and then re-upgrade the first account back to CL. I use Lloyd’s as a hub as it works the best for me in terms of interest in current accounts for variable amounts as I can have reasonable balance swings.
    I'd planned to do that, but after a month or two. Are you doing this straight away?
    badger09 wrote: »
    Thanks Herbalus. Now to brave the vagaries of the Lloyds website:p

Assuming all goes to plan, I'll leave mine a week or so until I get my head around the repercussions:o.

Downgrade & new Club application went smoothly & new Club account funded. I'm switching a BoS account in, which takes care of the DD requirements for interest and as I don't use it as a hub, I won't risk the dowgrade/upgrade hokey cokey, just in case it provokes account closures. Simpler for me to just change a few SOs:).
  • badger09
    Options
    Xs500 wrote: »
    I have an existing long held Club Lloyds a/c.
    I have today opened a second Club Lloyd's account. This has been confirmed by Lloyds and the sort code and a/c number for this new account are shown on my online banking page as up and running, alongside my existing accounts.
    My query is - will this new account be eligible for the switching bonus when I pursue the switching process on it?
    The T&Cs seem to specify that the bonus will be paid on switching to a new Cub account, ie this new second account should be eligible.

I don't see why not.

In fact I may just have had a lightbulb moment - or maybe someone spotted it before me

T&Cs state you can only have Club Lloyds Benefits on one account - but that isn't the same as saying you can only have one Club Lloyds account.

Maybe all this downgrade/upgrade malarkey is totally unnecessary.

Apologies if this has been said before, but I've been away:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport