PPI FAQs discussion thread

Options

Comments

• mrbutch
    mrbutch Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    dilus wrote: »
    Hi mrbutch,
    Never mind the PPI being a condition of the loan being granted (difficult to prove), this was UPFRONT single premium PPI which is frowned upon. Despite the length of time ago, you have the original agreement that you can copy and send with a questionnaire stating it was UPFRONT PPI and see what they come back with, I would go for it on this basis ;)

Cheers for the encouragement. I will keep people informed
  • courtz2306
    Options
    I want to look into some of my nans loads and bank cards but she does not remember who any of them are with or any details. how do i go about looking into it?
  • Deefitz
    Deefitz Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Wrote to GE Money who the loan was with, but they said it was the firm that mis-sold the PPI and they are no longer trading and to find out who the administrators are to put our claim to, how on earth do we go about this and is there going to be anything left for us to claim from or should we just give up?
  • pete_
    pete_ Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The much trumpeted "huge new FAQ" on here about PPI claims plainly hasn't answered a lot of people's questions reading this forum.

Specifically where the suspected PPI misselling is over 6 years ago - I strongly suspect I myself took out a loan through barclays with PPI about 15 years ago.

Can we have the FAQ updated to reflect this fundamental question?

What are our chances where loans and the like were over 6 years ago?
  • MrBen1
    MrBen1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Was I mis-sold PPI if I was not told that payments would be deferred for 1 year upon accident, sickness or redundancy even though it was written on the paperwork.

I was also told the amount per month I would pay but not the total amount payable over the period.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was I mis-sold PPI if I was not told that payments would be deferred for 1 year upon accident, sickness or redundancy even though it was written on the paperwork.

That doesnt sound like PPI. PPI typically has a 30 to 90 day deferral period. I have never come across a PPI with 12 month deferral. I have seen PHI with 12 month deferrals but that is quite common and normal (i.e. for people who have emergency funds to cover that period or 6 months full pay, 6 months half and need the PHI to kick in after that or those that cant afford to have a shorter deferment)

If it was on the paperwork then what evidence do you have to support you were not told it?
    I was also told the amount per month I would pay but not the total amount payable over the period.

So?
    Thats like complaining that you were not told there were 7 days in a week. It has absolutely no relevance.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Bounce12
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience of Northern Rock/NRAM?

I have an ongoing PPI complaint with them since October 2010.
    I was unfortunate enough to have 3 loans with them, 2 of which are now paid- they accepted that I had been mis sold PPI on each loan.
    I had 3 offers (1 for each loan) I accepted all 3 and returned the paperwork at the end of last year.
    I received 2 payments which did not match the offers I accepted (payments took about 8 weeks), and an offer of £3200 which I accepted and agreed- they tell me has now been withdrawn!- but can't explain why!!!!

I was told that although I still have an outstanding balance- this money would also be refunded to me- they even have my bank details-
    I am at my witts end, being passed from pillar to post- there is a catalogue of errors from this compnay- losing correspondence, not calling back as promised, getting my address wrong, not paying as promised and I am getting nowhere with their so called 'complaints team'- I am beginning to doubt any work they have done on my complaint as being correct or accurate.
    They have also said I can go to the ombudsman who will look at how they have handled my complaint, but they will take another 8 weeks to look at it- and not even address what they promised me- then withdrew!

As a struggling single parent, working full time and in financial hardship- I am absolutely at the end of my tether with them,
    Please can anyone help?

:mad:
  • Mr_Bun
    Mr_Bun Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Have been offered a refund from Santander on a loan I had with them,how do I know that they are giving me back the correct amount-I dont think I have any paper work from the loan.

Regards,

Alan:)
  • Former_MSE_Wendy
    Options
    pete_ wrote: »
    The much trumpeted "huge new FAQ" on here about PPI claims plainly hasn't answered a lot of people's questions reading this forum.

Specifically where the suspected PPI misselling is over 6 years ago - I strongly suspect I myself took out a loan through barclays with PPI about 15 years ago.

Can we have the FAQ updated to reflect this fundamental question?

What are our chances where loans and the like were over 6 years ago?

The following question in the FAQ answers this Pete...

'My PPI was on an old account, how far back can I claim?'
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • mr_j_cricket
    Options
    hi, i'm trying to organise a claim against our PPI, and just need a bit of help. when we renewed our mortgage, we went through a financial advisor that we'd gone to before. it was the financial advisor that organised everything including the PPI for the mortage without mentioning that because i work for the NHS, that it wasnt really necessary. who do i claim from that i was missold the PPI; the mortgage company or the financial advisor? ta for any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure