Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Hi All

Need off a little help.
I have 4 credit card and 4 loans which most have been passed over to collection agencies.
I was approached by a company called the claim guys saying they may be able to claim back all the charges or mis-sold insurances on my cards and loans.
What I am trying to find out is if I do manage to claim back some money obviously the creditors will put that money to paying off the remainder off the debt and I will be left with a bill from the claim guys?
Also
Is it actually putting the claim in your self rather than having a company do it for you?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Comments

• melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Just do it your self and keep any money.
  • Most claims companies haven't got a clue. I'm a lawyer that actually reclaims these charges on behalf of clients and some of these 'professionals' are basically salesmen who think they know it all. HOWEVER, some people know what they are doing

Choices;

1 Have a go yourself
    2 If you don't fancy going it alone ..... Ultimate Law, Cheshire (or Callen Jones (London)
    3 Or Brunnel Franklin

Advantages of Option 1 - No fees if you are succesful

Advantages of Option 2 - possibility of being able to keep your money if you are likely to recover £5000. WHy, solicitor likely to be able to recover legal costs.

Option 3 - if the total VALUE of your claim is under £5000, you will be in the hands of one of the premier claims companies that are basically tier 1 of these type of claims companies

Good luck
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Simon for more information on reclaiming check here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

You will find some useful info, templates and a checklist of mis selling reasons, please do ask for help on this if required, it will only cost you a few stamps, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • I signed all the paperwork via, the claims guys, received letter back from i-smart confirming that they were acting on my behalf. Just received letter from bank offering £2k back for PPI. Bank have asked me to sign and return, i-smart say not to sign but return to them. Advice please, am I bound to go through i-smart or can i continue myself. No idea what fee i-smart charge either.
  • di3004
    murphy39 wrote: »
    I signed all the paperwork via, the claims guys, received letter back from i-smart confirming that they were acting on my behalf. Just received letter from bank offering £2k back for PPI. Bank have asked me to sign and return, i-smart say not to sign but return to them. Advice please, am I bound to go through i-smart or can i continue myself. No idea what fee i-smart charge either.

Hi there

So you went through a claims company for this then?
    Did you sign paperwork with these?
    If so do you still have copies of the paperwork, if you do check them over, this should give details of charges etc.

I am actually not sure of what your options would be here to be honest, and hopefully someone will come along with some advice for you soon, but do check any documents you may have with i-smart.
    Good luck.;)
  • Yes, they called us. We did complete & sign all the paperwork they sent to us. I will give them a call tonight and ask how much they charge.

Thanks for your help.
  • melorablack
    You can still do it all yourself, you don't have to listen to them at all if you don't want to. They work for you remember.
  • di3004
    You can still do it all yourself, you don't have to listen to them at all if you don't want to. They work for you remember.

:T:T:T:beer::beer::j:j:j:D
  • melorablack
    di3004 wrote: »
    :T:T:T:beer::beer::j:j:j:D

***takes a bow and puts on best Elvis voice*** "Thank you, thank you very much" :D;):p
  • di3004
    ***takes a bow and puts on best Elvis voice*** "Thank you, thank you very much" :D;):p

lmao :rotfl::rotfl::D
    your welcome Hun, your a star.:j:j:beer::j:j:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills