IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks 'double-dip'

In June I visited a supermarket managed by Euro Car Parks twice in one day. I was there for 5 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. ECP claim I was there for the duration.

I have proof that I wasn't - a GPS trace from my phone plotting my movements and locations, but I also have four witnesses, 2 family, 2 independent and a GPS tagged photograph.

29.06 - date of the alleged offence

05.07 - notice to keeper issued(didn't receive)
saying payment of £ 70 to be made within 28 days, reduced to £ 40 if paid within 14 days.

05.08 - final notice letter sent (didn't receive)
discounted amount no longer available. Payment due within 28 days

11.09 - received letter dated 06.09 from Debt Recovery Plus saying they were now dealing with them and the amount was now £ 130.00

As soon as that letter received, a short telephone call to both ECP and DRP to establish correct addresses to write too. I sent a annotated map showing position I was at and when.

I have since received a letter from ECP ignoring my evidence and told to pay DRP and not to write to them.

I have received a letter from DRP, sent following the phone call but before receiving evidence.

I have also written to the store manager but yet to receive a reply.

Collective wisdom from MSE appreciated.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Firstly, anything that comes from DRP IS RUBBISH TO IGNORE

Store managers are generally senior shelf stackers nowadays, it's the CEO who you contact to get it cancelled

Which retailer
  • Sainsburys
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sainsburys on a retail park? (ECP don't do parking "management" for Sainsburys owned sites AFAIK ... I think it's Horizon).

As said above, DRP can (and should) be ignored.
  • It depends on the interpretation of a retail park. Site is 90% Sainsbury's with their own fuel station. There is a community centre, a charity shop, a dentist, a doctors surgery, a small bedroom furniture shop and an estate agents. Inside the Sainsburys is now a small Argos.

Its definitely managed by ECP.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    "I have also written to the store manager but yet to receive a reply."

if he/she will not help go straight to the top and email the CEO

Ralph:cool:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    I'd complain to the BPA and DVLA and enclose all your proof that this was a double-dip and ask them to investigate. Tell the DVLA that ECP had no 'reasonable cause' (use those words as they have specific meaning) to access your personal data, and the public domain is awash with double-dip cases, proving that PPCs are wantonly failing to undertake proper checks (which would undoubtedly identify double-dips) before seeking personal data.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

ccrt@dvla.gov.uk (or) KADOEservice.support@dvla.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    where is this retail park?
    do you know who owns it ?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Site is Sainsbury's Pound Lane, Norwich, NR7 0SR

I don't know who is the landowner is.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Complain by email direct to the CEO of Sainsbury's
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Never 'phone a parking scammer. Ignore debt crawlers. Post 4 of the NEWBIES explains why it is safe to do so.

Send an SAR as per the NEWBIES. Stress that since the car made two visits, and you have proof, you expect to receive ALL the images which must total four; these being images of the first entry, first exit, second entry, and second exit. Failure to provide ALL four images will be reported to the ICO. Do follow up on your threat if they don't send them all.
    You will need to include a copy of the vehicle V5 as proof of ID.

Complain to the CEO of Sainsbugs.

Complain to the BPA and DVLA as already advised. Include your proof the car left and returned. Complain to them as well if the scammers don't provide all four images when they respond to your SAR.

Complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business