Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick R
    • By MSE Nick R 29th Oct 19, 6:08 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 5Thanks
    MSE Nick R
    Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo here's what you need to know - MSE News story
    • 29th Oct 19, 6:08 PM
    Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo here's what you need to know - MSE News story 29th Oct 19 at 6:08 PM
    If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them as from tomorrow you can double your points, to then spend in store at Sainsbury's in a couple of weeks...
    Read the full story:
    'Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo here's what you need to know'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havent already, join the forum to reply.
Page 5
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 16th Nov 19, 3:18 PM
    • 45,002 Posts
    • 40,590 Thanks
    Sheel
    So what does the digital voucher actually look like?

Is it saved to card like your offers or is it a digital barcode on your phone that you have to scan?

I am not sure my store even has the scanners that can read a phone yet.

thx
    Originally posted by alternate

It's a barcode on your phone that you (or the checkout assistant) scan.
    • patgc
    • By patgc 16th Nov 19, 4:36 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    patgc
    Cant log in to Nectar account
    Have tried everyway to log into my Nectar account both on my desktop and phone. Can get into the app but want to shop through the Nectar site on one of there partners sites to get my points. Have changed browsers, cleaned cache, changed passwords. Nothing. Live chat couldnt help, said they would escalate my problem. That was 2 days ago. Still cant log in.
    Anyone else having trouble.
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 16th Nov 19, 5:06 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 10,950 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Have tried everyway to log into my Nectar account both on my desktop and phone. Can get into the app but want to shop through the Nectar site on one of there partners sites to get my points. Have changed browsers, cleaned cache, changed passwords. Nothing. Live chat couldnt help, said they would escalate my problem. That was 2 days ago. Still cant log in.
    Anyone else having trouble.
    Originally posted by patgc
    Good luck with it. I had the same problem from July until October to sort mine out ! When they escalate the problem it takes 28 days. I ended transferring all my points onto a new card and account number. I also used a different email address.
    • george4064
    • By george4064 16th Nov 19, 6:09 PM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 1,422 Thanks
    george4064
    yes, it appears straight away
    Originally posted by rawhammered
    Thanks. Just redeemed mine now and worked fine.
    "If you arent willing to own a stock for ten years, dont even think about owning it for ten minutes Warren Buffett

Save 12k in 2017 - #003 12,427.51 (104%)
    Save 12k in 2018 - #004 9,165.94 (46%)
    Save 12k in 2019 - #007 11,332.36 (94%)
    • od244051
    • By od244051 17th Nov 19, 7:06 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    So what does the digital voucher actually look like?

Is it saved to card like your offers or is it a digital barcode on your phone that you have to scan?

I am not sure my store even has the scanners that can read a phone yet.

thx
    Originally posted by alternate
    It's a barcode and scan it in the same way as scanning your Nectar card on the app by using the scanning device to the side of chip n pin machines
    • od244051
    • By od244051 17th Nov 19, 7:11 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    Yes the voucher appears straight away on the app it gets added to your saved offers. Its easy to do and it guides you through getting it.
    I did it this morning checked what I wanted was in stock before doubling up.

One thing to note is despite it saying in the terms that you can get change for amounts 1-4p my item was xx.99 and the tills would not accept the voucher so I had to add something else to make it equal/over the voucher amount.
    Originally posted by mandco
    My friends at Sainsburys noticed that the round up option on the tills wasn't on the tills on Wednesday and appeared sometime on late Thursday. They said to customers get some wrapping paper as 1. its one of the cheapest things on double up and 2. People tend to run out of wrapping paper esp if got loads of presents to give
    • Aura
    • By Aura 18th Nov 19, 6:20 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Aura
    Nectar keeps locking me out, have rang customer services live chat, but they seem too much in a hurry to get to the next person. Might cut up card. Anyone else had problems?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,703Posts Today

9,068Users online

Martin's Twitter