Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick R
    • By MSE Nick R 29th Oct 19, 6:08 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 5Thanks
    MSE Nick R
    Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know - MSE News story
    • 29th Oct 19, 6:08 PM
    Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know - MSE News story 29th Oct 19 at 6:08 PM
    If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them – as from tomorrow you can double your points, to then spend in store at Sainsbury's in a couple of weeks...
    Read the full story:
    'Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Page 3
    • vls
    • By vls 10th Nov 19, 7:07 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    vls
    I got an email straight away saying that the vouchers were being posted when I ordered on 31 Oct - but nothing yet. Very frustrating. Keep me posted if anyone gets theirs!
    • pennypenny123
    • By pennypenny123 10th Nov 19, 11:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    pennypenny123
    My voucher arrived yesterday. Ordered 2/11/19
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 11th Nov 19, 12:32 AM
    • 7,368 Posts
    • 8,269 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Mine arrived 9/11
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 11th Nov 19, 10:59 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Well post arrived and still no vouchers.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 11th Nov 19, 2:14 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Update

OK so my vouchers have now been cancelled as possibly lost and....drum roll Sainsburys are aware there is a problem!! say's their Online Chat... Wow sound like the Apollo 13 Houston "we have a problem"....oh and what date does Double up commence!!!!yep 13th

So have been instructed to do it the old way.....Oh aren't Sainsburys going to be pleased with me on Wednesday, just checked and have all points gone back into my account....so have printed off the chat plus the email saying vouchers on the way...will update you with the outcome ......
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Nov 19, 4:58 PM
    • 21,241 Posts
    • 125,664 Thanks
    maman
    Update

OK so my vouchers have now been cancelled as possibly lost and....drum roll Sainsburys are aware there is a problem!! say's their Online Chat... Wow sound like the Apollo 13 Houston "we have a problem"....oh and what date does Double up commence!!!!yep 13th

So have been instructed to do it the old way.....Oh aren't Sainsburys going to be pleased with me on Wednesday, just checked and have all points gone back into my account....so have printed off the chat plus the email saying vouchers on the way...will update you with the outcome ......
    Originally posted by Vegastare
    Sorry that you've been inconvenienced vegastare but I'm secretly (well openly really) delighted that Sainsbury's have coc*ed this up. All this has been about making it as difficult as possible to try and push everyone towards their new app.

Perhaps next year they'll learn that it's not what customers want. But when did that ever influence them.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 11th Nov 19, 8:28 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Sorry that you've been inconvenienced vegastare but I'm secretly (well openly really) delighted that Sainsbury's have coc*ed this up. All this has been about making it as difficult as possible to try and push everyone towards their new app.

Perhaps next year they'll learn that it's not what customers want. But when did that ever influence them.
    Originally posted by maman
    Well Maman I have hoped that for the last 13 months regarding New Nectar...we were one of a handful of trial stores who had this shoved on them last October.
    Despite the complaints to staff( and understand it has been many) they have still rolled it out nationally.....so doubtless it is here to stay.

Just to be warned - Nectar move the goal posts and never tell you, when it first started you picked 5 favourites(to keep) which you had in addition to what Nectar sends weekly....that stopped in the summer with no notification.

So I would make the most of this Double Up because I can see it going down the Nectar drain.

Last Friday a man in store was angry with staff - saying that the £100 limit was a disgrace....he had obviously saved more points. I felt sorry for the lady, but that is the problem with these things the front line staff get it every time

But when you go down the New Nectar road you soon see how it predicts your spending.....and I can see why the limit has come about, if you work New Nectar to your advantage you will earn many more points than last year....
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Nov 19, 9:13 AM
    • 21,241 Posts
    • 125,664 Thanks
    maman
    I only buy bits and pieces in Sainsburys as I'm an Aldi shopper. Most of my points come from DH using eBay and buying train tickets.

My favourites are odd things that I only buy occasionally or I've bought YS or if they've been out of stock in Aldi so not tempted to buy. It wouldn't make sense to pay more for an item in Sainsburys just to get a few more points when I can save actual cash buying in Aldi.

I'll try for a voucher on the app and hope for the best. It's a crazy system but I'll try to make it work for me.
    • rawhammered
    • By rawhammered 12th Nov 19, 9:36 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    rawhammered
    live chated Nectar this morning and got both my wife and I's £100 of point refunded as the vouchers are yet to arrive (ordered on the 30th Oct!). Will do it by the app IF it works tomorrow.

Still, hope the vouchers do arrive via post at some point, would be nice to get £200 of free goods.
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Nov 19, 10:51 AM
    • 21,241 Posts
    • 125,664 Thanks
    maman
    live chated Nectar this morning and got both my wife and I's £100 of point refunded as the vouchers are yet to arrive (ordered on the 30th Oct!). Will do it by the app IF it works tomorrow.

Still, hope the vouchers do arrive via post at some point, would be nice to get £200 of free goods.
    Originally posted by rawhammered
    Surely they'll be linked to your account so would have been cancelled when you got the refund.

Incidentally, do you and your wife have separate accounts? We have linked cards so I assumed we could only have one voucher.
    • rawhammered
    • By rawhammered 12th Nov 19, 1:33 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    rawhammered
    Surely they'll be linked to your account so would have been cancelled when you got the refund.

Incidentally, do you and your wife have separate accounts? We have linked cards so I assumed we could only have one voucher.
    Originally posted by maman
    who knows with Sainsbury's IT systems....

We have separate cards with different card numbers, but the points are linked so when we log onto our respective accounts we see the same points balance.
    • P1Fanatic
    • By P1Fanatic 12th Nov 19, 2:27 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    P1Fanatic
    It does seem rather convoluted. I am hoping its easy enough to use the app tomorrow and get a digital voucher. I'm only interested in the TTD wine & fizz to top up for Xmas & NY as tbh am yet to come across a bad TTD bottle.

Am I the only one who prefers the Nectar app? All you have to do is open it and save all offers before you get to the till. The offers seem better related to what I regularly buy and I get them before I go into the shop rather than getting a load at the checkout with my receipt - many of which are stuff I only buy occasionally?
    • bashful
    • By bashful 12th Nov 19, 2:47 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    bashful
    I ordered the vouchers on 1 Nov and they haven't yet arrived. Had live chat with Nectar Helpline and they said I should get them tomorrow. If not, to contact them and "We'll add the points and you can redeem the points on App to get the voucher instantly."
    I am not quite sure what that means but hope that the vouchers would be double-up ones! Fingers crossed the paper vouchers arrive tomorrow so I don't have to test it out!
    • alternate
    • By alternate 12th Nov 19, 4:21 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    alternate
    No vouchers yet.

re: the app.

It works on my tablet but not on my phone. I assume you cant just take a photo of the voucher barcode on screen and scan that? Don't fancy lugging my tablet to the store
    • od244051
    • By od244051 12th Nov 19, 10:05 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    Please put your concerns and issues to Careline 0800636262 and not to the customer service staff who have been given very little information about Double Up. My friends who work for Sainsburys are dreading 13-19th.

Emphasis on a relative who doesn't have access to the internet or smartphone and the printing the coupons was so easier. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    • londoncarl
    • By londoncarl 13th Nov 19, 9:35 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    londoncarl
    It is now 13th November and I am supposed to be able to get the double up vouchers from the nectar app. I am mildly tech savvy but I cannot see where to get them. If anyone has had success so far please let me know.

Thanks
    • od244051
    • By od244051 13th Nov 19, 10:22 AM
    • 145 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    It is now 13th November and I am supposed to be able to get the double up vouchers from the nectar app. I am mildly tech savvy but I cannot see where to get them. If anyone has had success so far please let me know.

Thanks
    Originally posted by londoncarl
    Have you had the app before Oct 2? You need to install the one in your app store if this the case as looks like you are using the pilot app version
    • londoncarl
    • By londoncarl 13th Nov 19, 11:43 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    londoncarl
    So I checked in the app store again and the nectar app needs to be updated (new update as of today). When updated it shows the option of double up vouchers below sainsburys
    • bashful
    • By bashful 13th Nov 19, 12:30 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    bashful
    Can we have the app and the vouchers on both our phones as I don't want to go clothes shopping if I can help it!
    • vls
    • By vls 13th Nov 19, 1:19 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    vls
    So I phoned the helpline who said that they would return the points to my card so that I could then get the voucher on the app - but nothing yet. Did anyone else have a delay if they have done this or was it immediate?
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,518Users online

Martin's Twitter