Saving for..?

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you get the job and do keep applying as the right job will pop along when you dont expect it. Yum to Quality Street. Im so jealous of your take outs. The boys bought KFC yesterday. I injected wrong and today sugars are ridiculous. lol. Still i did like it.

Have a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good luck with the interview and meeting the parent ! Yum to chocolates and cake :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi JennyJukes, hope you don't mind me popping in to say hi. Enjoy your week off.

bln
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Not at all, BLN - thank you for dropping by! Nothing exciting right now but once bf is here it'll probably be all go and if I get a new job it'll be a big change too.

My to-do list for this week off

> [STRIKE]Book eyebrow appointment[/STRIKE] ✔
    > Smash the interview..?!
    > Call regarding previous workplace pension details
    > Finish as much of my workplace qualification as possible
    > Apply for another job I have my eye on

Isn't it just typical that this week I feel like poop physically? If it isn't mentally it's this ugh!! Give me a break. Hopefully I'll feel better before the interview Friday.

It's probably around 2 - 2.5 weeks before I see my boyfriend but he'll be here for hopefully 2 years at least :) Hopefully I'll have a better job by then to support him if needed.

Groceries: £8.55/£25
    Petrol: £40.58/£55
    Entertainment: £7.75/£60
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    How was your lasagna?

Wishing you good luck with your interview X

Hope you feel better soon. You will be snuggling up with your BF before you know it!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    The lasagne was great - everything I've made in the book has been so easy and came out so well!

I'm now making their curried lentil soup which looks amazing! And so easy!! I haven't yet learned how to season properly - I don't know how much is too much, which spices will make a dish better etc. Growing up my mum had kidney stones and was told to reduce salt intake so we got used to not having things salted. I never used salt in my food and when I do, it's too much for me to handle, so I'm trying out new spices but not really sure where to start! Good thing about having an experimental indian boyfriend means he's going to help me out when he comes!

Klarna DMed me on instagram to apologize that my vouchers hadn't been processed, that they were looking into it now and would keep me updated. Possibly to do with the complaint I put in last week? Hopefully they come before my boyfriend does as I'll be dragging him to the store to spend the vouchers with me :T

[STRIKE]> Book eyebrow appointment [/STRIKE] ✔
    > Smash the interview..?!
    [STRIKE]> Call regarding previous workplace pension details [/STRIKE]✔
    > Finish as much of my workplace qualification as possible
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hoorah for lovely food. It sounds delish....:j:money::):T You might inspire me to use my cookery books!!!!!

Im sorry you are not feeling well. Just take it easy and I hope you will be better by Friday.It's fab you are applying and looking out for jobs.

It might be worth doing internet research to see if your boyfriend is able to get a part time job whilst he is a student. Lots of overseas students work at places like Thorpe Park so it must be allowed. That way you wont have to dip into your hard earned savings.
  • JennyJukes
    JennyJukes Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    edited 11 September 2019 at 3:33PM
    Options
    I think it's something between 10 and 16 hours he can work. But his first semester is pretty full and his parents want him to focus on studying. They're giving him an allowance.

I've been offered an interview for next Friday too. There are pros and cons for this job on Friday and the one next Friday. Really wish the interview dates were swapped over. I really don't know what to do!! I guess I can interview Friday and accept if I get offered it, but go to the interview next week and if I get it then tell the first ones I don't want it anymore? Feels so rude and ejhtjgrjeg. On the other hand at least if I get rejected on Friday I have another one? aAHH!!

Job 1:
    Pros: Similar to the job I'm doing, based a 5 minute drive away
    Cons: Might get boring, shift work, I work by myself and there's no promotion opportunity

Job 2:
    Pros: I get put through a postgraduate qualification, mostly Mon-Fri 9-5
    Cons: Tied in for at least 3 years, base is around 12 miles away, not sure I even have the brains for a postgraduate qualification, obviously much harder work, means me and bf will have to long distance again if he doesn't get a job here or go through a long difficult visa process

Both jobs are similar pay but obviously Job 2 has more opportunity - but then I may not use the degree straight away as I'd probably want to start a family around that time.
    It would be so much easier if the second job was interviewing first!!!

Watch me be rejected from both!

oops - add £6.15 to savings from prolific
  • JennyJukes
    JennyJukes Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    edited 13 September 2019 at 3:05PM
    Options
    >[STRIKE] Book eyebrow appointment[/STRIKE] ✔
    > [STRIKE]Smash the interview..?![/STRIKE] ✔
    > [STRIKE]Call regarding previous workplace pension details[/STRIKE] ✔
    > [STRIKE]Finish as much of my workplace qualification as possible[/STRIKE] ✔

Well, interview done. I'm not sure how it went. It was 3 interviewers and 1 of them I recognized. He recognized me too. They were very attentive, for it being lunchtime and having had previous interviews, they kept coming back onto things I had said. The 1 I recognized felt like it was devils advocate or he was questioning things so I'm not quite sure how it went. Interviews aren't really natural. I'll hear back next week so we'll see. The job seems really interesting and they were very enthusiastic so it would be nice.

Last night I pulled a muscle in my neck and got very suddenly dizzy and sick! The pain moved up into my ear and down the side of my body. I had to lay down because I felt I was going to faint and I didn't let myself throw up because I was worried it would pull the muscle further. I had to call NHS24 because I was quite concerned - I've pulled that muscle before but never had these symptoms afterwards. The NHS lady was absolutely great, they got me to do neck exercises then told me to take ibuprofen, put cold or heat on my neck and try to stay in one position. I feel better now but I was really worried. Makes me so grateful for the NHS - when I called they even have an option for if you're having mental health worries so it's good to know there's a service out there.

I've tried to do as much of my qualification as possible and I'm on 86%, meeting my assessor next week so hoping I can get the rest of it done.

Need to pop to the shop for some groceries soon but first lunch.. was in the interview for an hour :eek:

Oh yes before I left I received post from my energy supplier saying they're putting my DD up from £53 to £72.. I've been here for 2 months. I haven't been using gas because it's summer. They "estimate" (even though I give readings) that I will use 2.5x the amount of gas than electricity when its been the opposite way round. The letter said "we review your DD every 6 months" ... I've been here for 2? Were they looking at the previous tenants? I don't even use £72 in the winter so why would that be an average throughout the month?! I called and they said it was an error and its been reduced back but couldn't explain why it went up. I also told them their estimation was off the charts wrong and could they make sure they check the actual meter readings I have given. They just said its been reduced. So I'm a bit worried about whats going on. Just gonna keep updating my meter readings and hope they see sense. And hopefully £72 doesn't come out because I'm really going to struggle with money the next few months. Christmas, Car service, birthdays, seeing my boyfriend, etc.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Good luck with the jobs I wish you get both then you can decide.

I hope your neck is better and am glad you rang someone for help.

OMG to energy supplier. That's horrible well done on checking up on it.

Boyfriend will be here soon so you will be happy.:j It sounds like they are willing to support him so you wont have the stress of it!:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure