IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim from BW Legal

Options

Comments

• tor140
    tor140 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

Redx - Hadn't quite grasped the SAR procedure before so will get on to that now. Unfortunately as per my previous post I have no way of viewing the lease as I do not know the person visited. It was to view an item for sale and no longer have any way to contact them.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 December 2018 at 3:05PM
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Sir Deep, that link is a 404 not found
    Fixed it for us: -
    http://www.davidmarq.com/bama/Elliott%20v%20Loake%20%5b1983%5d%20Crim%20LR%2036.pdf

Thought I had but it always puts a space before the pdf!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Which PPC are you dealing with, are they one which uses the POFA?

That is a standard BW Legal reply, didn't need typing/copying in another thread and you could have found it by searching for a short phrase from it.

All been discussed before and this can be rebutted by showing them you will rely on Excel v Smith (appeal case, not a precedent but persuasive from a Senior Circuit Judge):
    As details of the driver have not been forthcoming to suggest otherwise, Our Client, in the absence of the driver's details, reasonably presumes that you were the driver and we refer you the recent Court of Appeal case of Combined Parking Solutions Ltd v AJH Films Ltd [2015]
    this case, AJH Films had failed to provide details of the driver of vehicle on the day in question and as such it was concluded that as AJH Films had permitted the driver to use the vehicle, then they should be liable for charges incurred

You should also tell BW Legal that (either):

- you were not the driver and will be denying liability on that basis,

or

- you cannot be sure which driver it was, have no legal obligation under the POFA to name that person, or list possible drivers. But for the avoidance of doubt the balance of probabilities is in your favour, because more than one person uses that car and is insured to drive it (or any vehicle) and none of them would be acting on your behalf, when driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tor140
    Options
    PPC is NTC who are an IPC member.

I have sent a SAR to the PPC, but have been looking for examples of 'second' responses to BW, I know I've read some before but cannot seem to find them now, thought it was in the newbies section? Any pointers?
  • tor140
    Options
    HI, the PPC are asking for photographic evidence and proof of address to process the SAR, not sure how to respond, do I just repeat to them they already hold enough details obtained from DVLA to confirm my address as they have already instructed a solicitor to issue a LBC?

Can they still refuse to respond to my SAR?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tor140 wrote: »
    HI, the PPC are asking for photographic evidence and proof of address to process the SAR, not sure how to respond, do I just repeat to them they already hold enough details obtained from DVLA to confirm my address as they have already instructed a solicitor to issue a LBC?

No they already have your name and address plus your VRD details; remind them a refusal to respond is now an offence under section 173(3) of the DPA2018.
  • tor140
    Options
    OK, I'll respond again, thanks,
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tor140 wrote: »

As Castle says .......and why would they want photo evidence from you ? the onus is on them to provide proof.

They are either thick or playing the idiots game.

They have your info already so re-confirm it. Do not provide any other info and that includes your phone number.
  • tor140
    Options
    They're still refusing to process my SAR until i prove I am who i say i am! Should i provide a copy of a utility bill or something as proof of address? Certainly will not be letting them see my driving licence or passport!
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Send them a copy of your VRD which will confirm your name, address and VRD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure