Dreams and wishes....

1545556575860»

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Your tagine dish sounds scrumptious. I hope you both had a lovely relaxing massage and are enjoying the weekend in London.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    London was brilliant and, thankfully, not as busy as we had anticipated, so we didn't get overwhelmed by all the people.

The show was awesome, but about quite sad topics, so whilst I loved it, I've also been quite affected by it :(

Miss Kitti cooked us all a lovely 2-course dinner tonight and I've waded through some, but by no means all, of my marking mountain :(
  • Kittikins
    Just submitted an online request to the housing association to replace the boiler, fingers crossed they get back to us this side of the century!
  • Aw kittikins I hope the boiler is still working and you won’t be having a chilly Christmas
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    It is freezing I hope the current boiler is working a bit otherwise you will freeze. Good luck.

Hope you are having a good week. We are exhausted in our place.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Thankfully the boiler works OK, but is getting noisy and according to those wot know about these things, does need replacing soon. We've had the first quote in from the lovely chap, and it was nearly £4k!!

So, it won't be happening for a good few months yet. My parents had offered to pay for it for us as Christmas and wedding presents, but then imposed a £1k limit, which means we'd still have £3k to find. We have about £1,500 in our emergency fund and don't want to take on any debt to do this.

Next year, I'll get more organised at not frittering away money every month....next year.... ;)
  • Kittikins
    edited 15 December 2019 at 8:50PM
    The s*dding shower (which is just gravity fed pipes from the hot water tank) is playing up again, which is making the 'need' for the boiler to be replaced more urgent. Miss Kitti and KW usually have baths, but I always shower and Miss Kitti has had to use a bucket and the bath to wash her long afro-curly hair today :( B*G*ER!

We had a fabulous day yesterday, KW was off work; Miss Kitti and I for our lovely monthly cranio-sacral therapy/massage/mind and body appointments, and then returned to a yummy lunch and printing of packing paper to repurpose as wrapping paper, whilst eating chocolate and watching a Christmassy film :)

Just went back to the car to take out another bag of stuff and notice I have an L shaped crack on the windscreen :( Booked it in via the insurance and it's a nice £95! Good job I have money put aside for car repairs, otherwise this would be very bad timing.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure