Eon freephone number, is there one?

Options
13»

Comments

• MillicentBystander
    Options
    And 0800 numbers are NOT free from mobiles. I do wish companies would revert back to using a normal landline number as an option for those of us who have no option but to use a mobile!

I use WeQ4u app on my smartphone - converts 08XXX numbers to Geog. ones so it just comes out of your allowance but the real USP (especially when ringing CS depts) is that should you hit a queue the app can suspend the call (so no charge to your allowance whilst waiting) then it rings you back as soon as a CS bod answers the call. Absolutely brilliant app (saved me a fortune) and best of all it's entirely free.
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    And 0800 numbers are NOT free from mobiles. I do wish companies would revert back to using a normal landline number as an option for those of us who have no option but to use a mobile!
    If your mobile phone company refuses to honour Freephone numbers then that is their and your choice. Why not revert to a company that charges the expected amount rather than supporting those that don't?
  • danifox6
    danifox6 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't work now, probably thanks to "Eon representative" on this thread. I was going to go with Eon but don't see why I should pay them to offer them my money in the first instance !!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi danifox

This thread is a bit out of date I'm afraid. Thought it might help if I brought things up to speed.

My original comments were something like 4 years ago. Since then things have changed quite a lot.

Round about a couple of years ago, we changed a lot of our numbers to 0345 or 0333. These numbers are charged at local rates or may even be free if included within a particular phone tariff package.

We've also done a lot of work to our website and it's often possible to sort things through there without the need to phone us.

Hope this helps update things a bit. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure