Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    [QUOTE=AlexLK;73650861

wishingthemortgage, not sure anyone would be interested in a “how to waste opportunities and alienate people” book. ;):rotfl: Seriously, thank you for joining the madhouse. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Well, with such a witty title, I think you have just proved my point!

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks HS. The green background is the old layout and i find is easier to use but the new layout is easier on the eye and seems to work better on the iPad.

:rotfl: the landlording business can be interesting at times. Some tenants are brilliant, others are a nightmare. Your plan sounds good. Was the move planned or a result of a job offer you couldn’t refuse?

Thanks, wish. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Managed to work out how to read unread posts, thanks again. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You asked for a link to my diary - it is in my signature but I might change it - if I do I will update the link.

I have a really major decision to make this week, before I go back to work on Monday. Have not been around for a few days because we have had a house-full with someone in the office, so packed up all the furniture and made it into a comfortable single room until restoring all this evening; hence way behind on diaries.

It is lovely that you have so much positivity Alex - a pleasure reading your diary.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    :rotfl: the landlording business can be interesting at times. Some tenants are brilliant, others are a nightmare. Your plan sounds good. Was the move planned or a result of a job offer you couldn’t refuse?

Our tenants seem OK, it's the estate agents who are nightmares. I suppose we could go "all in" and look for other properties in the area to buy and then have a network of tradesmen to call on, avoid the estate agents altogether, etc. but we'd rather just cash out. We only went for renting it for a year in the first place in case our move abroad went completely sour and we wanted a bailout option.

The move was planned, but only as a result of June 24, 2016. ;) We're both (very) fortunate in that we can work our London-based jobs from the comfort of rural Ireland.
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SL: thank you, found your diary. :) Does sound like you’ve got a lot to think about.

HS: I can understand moving the house on especially when you’re in another country. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had a good week. Next week we have a full work / school week and are going to try to start working towards our targets.

January Financial Aims:
    £925 to savings from surplus income. This is not going to happen until month end
    Total payment of £1,000 to mortgage. Having updated my spreadsheet for the month,
    this is achievable :)

Get a better rate on mortgage. Have an appointment

January Work Aims
    Everyday presents an opportunity to learn something new - take notes. Managed this so far
    Keep my computer organised. Ditto - not that much can go wrong in 3 days, though?
    :rotfl:

Keep the ball rolling (project). Worked a little on this tonight

January Life Aims AKA... eat sensibly and lose a few kgs :o
    5 meat free days
    3 new recipes
    Keep alcohol to special occasions only
    10,000 steps per day
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Those sound good aims for the month
    Having read along from the beginning you also seem much better when you set a time to go to bed and stick to it, so maybe think about that with life aims
    Heres to a happy and healthy new year Alex x
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ooh, lovely. :) I hope you spot him!.

Yup, he popped up as expected :j. That's another tick off the Bucket List :rotfl:

Alex, great to hear you so positive about life :T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Debs. :) I think you're right re. bedtimes. Need to start making the weeknight habits into weekend ones also.

Thank you Gally. :)

January Life Aims:
    11pm bedtime
    5 meat free days Aiming for 2 this coming week.
    3 new recipes Need to plan meals for the coming week, so will have a look at this. Any suggestions?
    Keep alcohol to special occasions only Only one potential drinking day this month.
    10,000 steps per day Achieved today. :)

January Financial Aims:
    £925 to savings from surplus income.
    Total payment of £1,000 to mortgage.
    Get a better rate on mortgage.

January Work Aims:
    Everyday presents an opportunity to learn something new - take notes.
    Keep my computer organised.
    Keep the ball rolling (project).
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts