Together Energy?

Comments

• Together Energy now claim it is not the Economy 7 that is the issue, but the type of meter on my wall!

Nothing strange about it as far as I know, it's a modern black box with digital readouts, and E.on never had an issue.

I have lived here 12 years by the way.
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2018 at 1:17PM
    Together Energy now claim it is not the Economy 7 that is the issue, but the type of meter on my wall!

Nothing strange about it as far as I know, it's a modern black box with digital readouts, and E.on never had an issue.

I have lived here 12 years by the way.
    How weird ..... always something new in this game!

Presume you!!!8217;re going to stick at them ....?
  • Absolutely, I'm not going to have to cough up £600 through no fault of my own without a fight.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    PurpleMoonlight Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2018 at 4:32PM
    Together Energy claim my meter is a Heatwise meter not an Economy 7 meter, and they cannot supply the former. Looking online this appears to be a historical meter and tariff for east midlands residents only by E.on only.

Of course, they never asked any questions relating to the meter before contacting to supply, only nine months after.
  • mikeyorkie10
    If they can!!!8217;t supply it, surely they should have asked the question way back in the beginning or included it as an exclusion? Still seems to be a problem with them accepting you as a customer to me and that you still have valid grounds for a grievance and complaint. I!!!8217;m sure the ombudsman would be interested in that statement from TE. It can!!!8217;t be your problem that you entered into the TE contract!
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I thinks it's fair play if Together can't deal with your sort of meter, but this should have been discovered in the first couple of weeks. I think you have every right to claim against them and I wouldn't accept a token gesture from the Ombudsman. You could always start a small claim against them.
    Je suis sabot...
  • PurpleMoonlight
    edited 22 June 2018 at 6:07PM
    Well I was certainly under the impression that I had an economy 7 supply, I didn't know that technically it isn't. I knew I had two MAPN's.and so did Together Energy.

Their only get out may be if I notified them I had Economy 7 as part of the online application. I can't remember if it asked for confirmation or not. I likely found them via a comparison site, and I probably would have input Economy 7 required if requested.

Oh well, we shall see.

The worst thing is E.on abandoned the Heatwise tariff in September 2017, all units are now charged at the same rate regardless of when used. At the same time they abandoned the day and night rate difference in normal units and it was that 20% price increase that lead me to move supplier. Now it looks like I am over a barrel with E.on and they have put the prices up twice since I left apparently.

I believe I can pay to have a different meter put in so will look into that too.

Many thanks for discussing it with me. It helps get my brain around it.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    edited 22 June 2018 at 6:11PM
    I thinks it's fair play if Together can't deal with your sort of meter, but this should have been discovered in the first couple of weeks. I think you have every right to claim against them and I wouldn't accept a token gesture from the Ombudsman. You could always start a small claim against them.

Thanks for your input.

As my post above, I may have told them I had economy 7.

Their meter reader did visit my property to read the meter though, so arguably if I advised incorrect information it should perhaps have been spotted then. But I guess meter readers aren't experts either and just file numbers.
  • Seems it is deemed an Economy 7 supply. I am being rejected because my meter has a boost button.

Who knew it was so simple?!
  • mikeyorkie10
    edited 23 June 2018 at 7:44AM
    I still thinks its ludicrous that its taken so long to spot the error on the meter and I would still think its worth pursuing with the ombudsman ... seems to me youre still the innocent person in all this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure