Together Energy?

sidbee
sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
sidbee

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 April 2017 at 5:11PM
    sidbee wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!

No replies a couple of weeks back when a similar thread was created
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5620236

Only comment there from the OP was they couldn't "[FONT=&quot]seem to find their Tariff prices anywhere to check them out properly."

[FONT=&quot]Edit: [FONT=&quot]Attempting[/FONT] a quote via their web[FONT=&quot]site, it appears they will o[FONT=&quot]nly send the quote by email :cool:[FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]why not dispay it there and the[FONT=&quot]n l[FONT=&quot]ike any other supplier does?

[FONT=&quot]Maybe this thread from [FONT=&quot]December sheds some more light on it. It suggests, according to Which?, they only currently supply to [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Dunbartonshire
    [FONT=&quot]http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5566268

[FONT=&quot]Edit2: Ah need to go to one extra step to see prices - [FONT=&quot]to 'sign me up'

[FONT=&quot]Edit[FONT=&quot]3[/FONT] : [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Edit 2 was done with a Dunbartonshire a[FONT=&quot]ddress - d[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]esn't seem to work with an[FONT=&quot]other[/FONT] address[/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • sidbee
    Thanks footyguy, I hadn't found that thread. At least 2 of us interested then!
    Tariff not shown on their web site, but if you fill in their quote section it comes up with their quotes and unit rates for the only 2 tariffs offered (one fixed, one variable).
    sidbee
  • sidbee
    Well I got a quote and don't live in Dunbartonshire. However, maybe they only supply certain supply regions at present.

I have now looked them up on the Companies Register. They have been trading for less than a year. 2 Directors/owners. Both are also the only directors of an outfit called Concord Energy Ltd where they are described as Energy Consultants.

So no history, very new..... but do I want to be a guinea pig?
    sidbee
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Signed up for electricity on 18/8 with Together Energy, can mods create a feedback thread for them.
  • locky123
    Switch date confirmed of 14/9 after signing up on 18/8.
  • locky123
    Together Energy dont appear using Cheap Energy Club comparison. I always use several comparison sites and still find Which switch shows more suppliers.
  • locky123 wrote: »
    Switch date confirmed of 14/9 after signing up on 18/8.
    Thinking of joining you on this switch. Got some great prices from their website....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    According to Utility Week (Jul 2017), Together Energy currently has 6000 customers but hopes to grow to 15000 customers by Dec 2017 and 100000 customers by 2020. Together Energy states that they 'spotted a gap in the market for an energy supplier that does things differently'.

The risk for all new suppliers is growing the business at a pace such that customer service doesn't suffer. This doesn't mean having someone on hand to answer the phone; more importantly, the business must get the customer transfer process 100% correct. Get that wrong and it means that more of the staff need to be diverted to dealing with customer complaints etc. I also worry when I read words like 'does things differently'. There is very little that can be done to do things differently: the important thing is getting the industry basics right.

Growing from 6000 to 10000 customers in 3 years is a big risk. Some suppliers like Ovo have done it: others, like, Iresa have struggled. In my experience, the best all round suppliers are those who have modest growth aspirations. Zog, for example, still has about 20000 customers and it has been going some time.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 August 2017 at 11:54AM
    I switched to them a month or so ago. Very quick response to queries (before I moved) and everything gone smoothly, including DD. Too early for a bill yet but no regrets so far.

Website is pretty but primitive. Send meter reads by email.
    Je suis sabot...
  • I switched to them a month or so ago. Very quick response to queries (before I moved) and everything gone smoothly, including DD. Too early for a bill yet but no regrets so far.

Website is pretty but primitive. Send meter reads by email.
    Tempted to give them a go...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport