PerkTV

Comments

• Just a quick heads up, I have noticed today that Perk have changed the time it takes for devices to come up with "Are you still watching", it used to be up to 4 hours, now they've changed it, it's now at 2 & 1/2 hours.

This has nothing to do with their App update, 1 device has had the update, the others have not, but all have that message appear after 2 & 1/2 hours.
  • bicif
    bicif Posts: 32
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i got a pretty cheap android phone from argos to do perktv on it was the alcatel one touch pop c1 for 19.99 and a 10 pound top up.

i think thats probably the cheapest device you could do it on.

ive got an ipad and ipod touch on the go with it aswell, seem to be getting around 2000 points a day.
  • JemmaM91
    JemmaM91 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Hi I've just signed up. If anyone has a referral code I will enter it and hopefully you'll get extra points as it's asking if I've been referred.

Xx
  • bicif wrote: »
    i got a pretty cheap android phone from argos to do perktv on it was the alcatel one touch pop c1 for 19.99 and a 10 pound top up.

i think thats probably the cheapest device you could do it on.

ive got an ipad and ipod touch on the go with it aswell, seem to be getting around 2000 points a day.

I bought that one too and I now have 5 devices, 2 samsung galaxy tablets, iphone4, and acer tab. I only run it for 12-16 hrs and now since they introduced 'are you still watching' pop up for every 2,5 hrs it can not run for 24 hrs. But still some money can be earned.
  • richyp
    richyp Posts: 357 Forumite
    1luckystar wrote: »
    I bought that one too and I now have 5 devices, 2 samsung galaxy tablets, iphone4, and acer tab. I only run it for 12-16 hrs and now since they introduced 'are you still watching' pop up for every 2,5 hrs it can not run for 24 hrs. But still some money can be earned.

I'm running the new Perk Pop Quiz - it does not ask if you are watching and runs until the questions run out (been days already and still going!)

Works out @2 points per set of 5 questions (assuming you leave passivey and don't answer any although I do try and answer a few from time to time just to register that someone is using it)

get 80 points per hour which is a better rate than Perk TV.

The question is has anyone *PROOF* if you can still only use 5 phones per account or could you have say 5 phones running Perk TV and another 5 phones running Perk Pop Quiz?
  • Perk TV has now reduced the time it takes to pop-up with "Are you still Watching?", to 1 hour, I started to suspect this yesterday afternoon, but have now confirmed it.

I might try the Pop Quiz instead?
  • Perk TV has now reduced the time it takes to pop-up with "Are you still Watching?", to 1 hour, I started to suspect this yesterday afternoon, but have now confirmed it.

I might try the Pop Quiz instead?

I have noticed that as well but and thought that they have reduced it but wasnt sure at first to how long.
  • I'm quite new to Perk TV and so thanks to your tips here!
    I have bought the phone mentioned here Alcatel one touch pop c1 which is working out well and today I've installed the Perk Pop Quiz which I didn't know about. I'm even getting some questions right and it speeds it up to do that while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil.
    I did come to this thread today to see if anyone was mentioning the change to perk points as I noticed this morning instead of 2 points every 2 views it has changed to 1 point for 1 view, same difference just wondered if they change this often.
  • Hi everyone, I just wanted to clarify something before I end up doing something wrong. When you say you can use 5 devices, does that mean you can have the app running on 5 devices at the same time?
  • @BiscuitMonster: Yes I had noticed that as well, and was coming to the thread to inform eveyone... I am still getting 2 points per view as usual, but so far, only about 1/3rd of the time and typically only on my 2 LG L20's.

I have not yet worked out why I am getting a mixture of 1 & 2 points??

@sonicetomeetyou: Yes, but as far as I am aware, that's 5 devices in Total (ie: NOT 5 running Perk TV & another 5 running other Perk Apps)..

Just want to make that clear so you don't get banned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure