Hernia - Travel Insurance

Hi All

My partner has been diagnosed with a hernia in his groin approximately 3 to 4 weeks ago.

He is in discomfort and the discomfort has been gradually getting worse and he is now starting to take paracetamol and the doctor has referred him to look at potentially getting surgery to correct the issue.

We have a little problem as we are due to go on a three week holiday from this Friday. The holiday is a long-haul trip and includes a trip to places like Dubai Australia and New Zealand. As you can imagine this really couldn't have come at a worse time - the hernia.

We have a joint Nationwide flexplus account together in both our names and I am aware that with the account we get worldwide travel insurance as part of the packaged bank account.

We obtained a Nationwide flexplus account in April this year well before my partner was diagnosed with hernia. However parts of the holiday did start to get booked before we applied for the flexplus account.

We want to know if we will be covered if my other half gets in severe pain or needs medical attention while he is away with regards to the hernia.
As you can understand I don't fancy the idea of being halfway across the world in unfamiliar territory with my partner being in severe pain or discomfort.

As I said my partner is now taking paracetamol however we want to know our options and we be grateful for any advice and help.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    See what the policy wording says about notifying them about new medical conditions arising during the policy year and take it from there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure