Epic Fortnite vs. Sony Playstation

So with my approval, my son loaded £20 to Sony Playstation wallet from Paypal, then purchased a Fortnite vBucks pack 'in-game' from Playstation store.
The transaction went through but no vBucks appeared on his gaming account.

So now what?
Not paypal's problem as they loaded playstation wallet OK.
Sony say not their problem as they confirmed transaction and passed money to Epic games.
Epic games support say contact Playstation support, they only deal with direct purchases via PC.

So they are playing pass the parcel and meanwhile we are out £19.99 for nothing.
Have requested refund via playstation support form.
Have requested Epic support investigate properly.
Neither Epic or Sony seem to have an email address, telephone number or address for disputes.

Anyone have any direct experience with resolving a incomplete transaction such as this?

TIA

Comments

• Do you have an email receipt?

Can you see the purchase in your transaction history? I assume you're using a PS4:

1. Settings > PlayStation Network > Account Information > Wallet > Transaction History
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • awbr
    awbr Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    That definitely falls in Sony's court - push them for an answer
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Were you there when he did the transaction? Are you sure he hasn't spent it on battle pass and other items already?
  • OK, Sony support responded to email, asked for a phone call, verified all details and agreed to a refund.
    So satisfactory result in the end.

Will ensure that any future purchases go from credit card straight to Epic on PC, so there's less middlemen to mess things up and pass the buck!
  • "Will ensure that any future purchases go from credit card straight to Epic on PC, so there's less middlemen to mess things up and pass the buck!"

Will keep that in mind as well. Wouldn't want to make the same mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure