Gogroopie

I'm so frustrated with Gogroopie. I ordered 5 rolls of artificial grass back in August and received one the next day. I was a bit wary of accepting it from the Fedex delivery guy as it was not the full order but he assured me that the other rolls were all on their way. No more arrived so I contacted the merchant by email as the phone line was useless and complained to Gogroopie. After 2 weeks a second roll was delivered. Again I questioned the delivery driver who basically just shrugged and said it was nothing to do with him. I waited and complained to Gogroopie again and have now received a reply telling me the merchant said he had delivered it all via Yodel but it didn't arrive. I now feel really stupid for being scammed like this. Can my bank do anything? I'm owed just over £100. Arg!:mad:

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,637 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Keep on at GoGroopie, hopefully they will eventually sort it.

And then NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Thanks and you're absolutely right. I'm not letting this drop. I need to keep going 'til the end of the road and research where this can be reported and exposed. The easier we make it for these big companies the more they will think it's just business!:cool:
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What people could do is do their research first - before parting with their money! Just a search on this forum alone would have warned you that you could have problems with this outfit.
  • Yes I agree and as a rule I'm very wary and alert but I hadn't explored this forum before. Now I'm reading everything about every subject! I got lulled in with a few of their offers that arrived with no problems but I wonder if this is how they work. They fulfil earlier orders and then when you go above £150 bang you've just been scammed! Think I've been 'groomed!' :eek:
  • lincroft1710
    Tina_Diva wrote: »
    Yes I agree and as a rule I'm very wary and alert but I hadn't explored this forum before. Now I'm reading everything about every subject! I got lulled in with a few of their offers that arrived with no problems but I wonder if this is how they work. They fulfil earlier orders and then when you go above £150 bang you've just been scammed! Think I've been 'groomed!' :eek:

Yes we had a similar experience
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • I was contacted by the merchant today who says the staff might have made a mistake with my order and has promised to send the missing part of my order. Obviously I need to get the delivery before I get too excited but fingers crossed that customer service is not dead in Brexit Britain!
  • lincroft1710
    fingers crossed
  • Yes! the rest of the order arrived today. I'm gobsmacked but a hard lesson learned about middlemen and third parties! And, of course to always read MSE before spending any dosh!!
  • lincroft1710
    Tina_Diva wrote: »
    Yes! the rest of the order arrived today. I'm gobsmacked but a hard lesson learned about middlemen and third parties! And, of course to always read MSE before spending any dosh!!

Good to have a positive resolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure