Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 20th May 19, 8:31 PM
    • 14,168Posts
    • 38,130Thanks
    redfox
    150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min 1 purchase req.)
    • 20th May 19, 8:31 PM
    150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min 1 purchase req.) 20th May 19 at 8:31 PM
    To celebrate our 150 years.

Available 24th-27th May 2019. Minimum spend 1 and swipe your Nectar card. Maximum of 3 transactions per day.

Exclusions and terms apply:

Receive 150 additional Nectar points on qualifying transactions. Minimum qualifying spend 1. Max 3 offers per Nectar account per day. Qualifying spend excludes spirits and liqueurs, first stage baby milk products, National Lottery, tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, travel money, Sainsbury’s Bank products, prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e top-up, pay point payments, carrier bags, charity products, Argos, Tu Clothing online, and car park tickets.

I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 23rd May 19, 5:24 PM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 4,851 Thanks
    dlusman
    In red - notice in fact the offer is ONLY for the 133 items they show right down at the bottom of the page - cakes and flowers. Not normal items.
    Originally posted by Bacman

Dont agree - the T&Cs make NO reference to what products are included , Only what is excluded . Why would they have a list of exclusions if you could only have one of the 133 products ?

It has also been in just about every newspaper describing it as it is described on the MSE site.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 23rd May 19, 8:55 PM
    • 2,842 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    no1catman
    I agree, also don't see anything about number of items per transaction - so providing it's economic with cost of fuel to get there - a newspaper should suffice - weekend ones are usually at least a pound!

Haven't been they for several months - stopped sending me conditional spend vouchers!!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd May 19, 9:03 PM
    • 8,209 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I think the 133 items on the e-mail are examples of things you have at a birthday party, Plus it would make it very awkward and annoying for the checkout colleagues.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd May 19, 9:54 PM
    • 8,209 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Dont agree - the T&Cs make NO reference to what products are included , Only what is excluded . Why would they have a list of exclusions if you could only have one of the 133 products ?

It has also been in just about every newspaper describing it as it is described on the MSE site.
    Originally posted by dlusman
    If there was just the 133 items which you get the extra points, then it will list all of them including size in the T&Cs
    • Bacman
    • By Bacman 24th May 19, 8:48 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Bacman
    It does list the 133 items that are only available in this offer; look at the bottom of the webpage.

Sainsburys have clearly made their offer designed to fool us - it is only for any items apart from the few in their T&C's, which is why this offer is misleading.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/new---trending/150th-birthday#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10123&c ategoryId=431859&parent_category_rn=355372&top_cat egory=355372&pageSize=60&orderBy=FAVOURITES_ONLY%7 CSEQUENCING%7CTOP_SELLERS&searchTerm=&beginIndex=0 &hideFilters=true
    • redfox
    • By redfox 24th May 19, 9:59 AM
    • 14,168 Posts
    • 38,130 Thanks
    redfox
    I can confirm that the 150 points is on any purchase over 1 (excluding the items they mention in the Ts and Cs obviously). Not just a selected few items as has been suggested on the thread.

I have been to Sains this morning and have done transactions and been given 150 bonus points so this is the definitive answer to the queries :-)
    Last edited by redfox; 24-05-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Bacman
    • By Bacman 24th May 19, 2:16 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Bacman
    Yes, you appear to be right, well done.

I bought a stack of wine on their 25% off offer and got the points and also did a shop instore and yes, got it then too on other items.

The issue is clearly whomever did this offer at Sainsburys didn't proof read it. The fact that people read their offer in a different way means it was ambiguous and it should not have been; the fault is not with the reader but with the composer.
    • snilloct1957
    • By snilloct1957 24th May 19, 3:14 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    snilloct1957
    Sainsburys Local
    Not sure if we're on the same lines but one positive of Sainsbury's is that their money off vouchers include wine whereas Tesco's don't.

I plan to take advantage but it would be wasteful on my time and fuel to go back and forth. I plan to make one visit and pay three times (at different checkouts if necessary) IYSWIM. I'll try to do that each day if I can.
    Originally posted by maman
    It works at the Sainsburys Local as well, so you don't need to go to the big supermarket. I've done this 3 x today and got the points.

NB Just received the email from Sain, detailing the offer, at 4.41pm today. Not really that helpful...
    Last edited by snilloct1957; 24-05-2019 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Additional info
    • maman
    • By maman 24th May 19, 3:39 PM
    • 19,960 Posts
    • 119,303 Thanks
    maman
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you know if you have had the points allocated?

I can't believe they've got the 25% off wine and my favourite Sauvignon Blanc on offer and this deal all at the same time. Happy Birthday Sainsburys.
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 24th May 19, 4:04 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    General Grant
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you know if you have had the points allocated?

I can't believe they've got the 25% off wine and my favourite Sauvignon Blanc on offer and this deal all at the same time. Happy Birthday Sainsburys.
    Originally posted by maman
    The extra points have their own line on the Nectar statement on your till receipt.
    • maman
    • By maman 24th May 19, 4:10 PM
    • 19,960 Posts
    • 119,303 Thanks
    maman
    The extra points have their own line on the Nectar statement on your till receipt.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    So they do! Thanks.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 25th May 19, 10:25 AM
    • 8,209 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I went to a larger Sainsburys yesterday and was thirsty and bought a drink before I went around the store. Then got another 150 points on my transaction and got the 10p off a litre of fuel coupon even though I spent 64 - 13 of that was spirits (I thought they didn’t count towards the 60) then popped in to check the reductions at the store nearest work.

I probably get 10 of the max 12 150 points opportunities this weekend
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 25th May 19, 11:20 AM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,631 Thanks
    Katiehound
    My friend just phoned to say that today she got 200 points per transaction (well, that's what she reckons) and as well as that they were giving out a free box of teabags and a packet of biscuits! She was well pleased that I had told her of the deal.
    30 mile round to Sainsburys here, so won't be bothering.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6470cc+3045mm (3.04.5) + RK 8.03
    • maman
    • By maman 25th May 19, 3:08 PM
    • 19,960 Posts
    • 119,303 Thanks
    maman
    I'm liking this!

Went to Sainsbury's today. I bought 12 more bottles of wine and used the extra points voucher they gave me yesterday. I always buy my wine in the 25% offers so I don't mind buying in for the next few months. I had thought of what I would get for my 1 purchases but saw some YS meat instead so that worked out fine. Also got another fuel voucher. I have a few trips coming up in the next couple of weeks so they'll be used too. And I had the free tea and biscuits.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 25th May 19, 4:15 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,631 Thanks
    Katiehound
    My friend made a booboo- she now remembers that she had a coupon for 50 free points, so standard 150 given. However the teabags and ginger biscuits were a freebie extra!!
    Many thanks

• Matiatus
    • By Matiatus 25th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Matiatus
    Did that today, on top of that they give box of 40 teabags and ginger snaps biscuits.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 26th May 19, 7:21 PM
    • 8,209 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I went to a Sainsburys Local after work today and bought some reduced chicken wrapped in bacon bung in oven thing for 1.20, then saw some reduced Lindt Caramel with a touch of sea salt bar for 60p each (normally retail 1.50-2) so bought two. Then I bought a bottle of their berries and cherries squash - one of the nicest squashes. Done my 9 out of 9 so far.
    • worriedsingledad
    • By worriedsingledad 26th May 19, 8:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    worriedsingledad
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 26th May 19, 9:01 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,631 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. .
    Originally posted by worriedsingledad
    As far as I am aware my friend went in 3 times, bought one item- walked out, then back in again. Well, that's what I would have done. Easy enough
    I might have tried 2 items and said something like 'it's for my neighbour, please may I pay in two transactions?
    Many thanks

• maman
    • By maman 26th May 19, 10:10 PM
    • 19,960 Posts
    • 119,303 Thanks
    maman
    As far as I am aware my friend went in 3 times, bought one item- walked out, then back in again. Well, that's what I would have done. Easy enough
    I might have tried 2 items and said something like 'it's for my neighbour, please may I pay in two transactions?
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.
    Originally posted by worriedsingledad
    I've had 9/9 so far. On Friday I went twice to the cigarette kiosk (smaller queues for a few items) and then put my wine through a normal check out. Yesterday and today I just went through one check out, split my shop in three and told the operator I was doing it for the points. No problems here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,548Posts Today

6,089Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin