Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ypaymore
    • By Ypaymore 28th Aug 14, 8:49 AM
    • 2,702Posts
    • 1,032Thanks
    Ypaymore
    18185/1899/18866 no longer offer calls to 03 numbers.
    • 28th Aug 14, 8:49 AM
    18185/1899/18866 no longer offer calls to 03 numbers. 28th Aug 14 at 8:49 AM
    Just been testing them out and you get announcement saying they no longer offer calls to 03 numbers. This is now confirmed on there site.
Page 17
    • bowyert1
    • By bowyert1 2nd May 18, 10:37 AM
    • 124 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    bowyert1
    18185 Poor Call Quality and Poor Customer Service
    I found the call quality to the worst of any service I have used. Also when reporting a problem the company did not want to know so I had to pay for a call which I never heard one word from either side.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 2nd May 18, 7:32 PM
    • 15,967 Posts
    • 22,342 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Used them for years. Never had a problem, even when speaking to people on the other side of the world.
    ďNever argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.Ē - Mark Twain
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd May 18, 8:19 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 2,492 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Used them for years. Never had a problem, even when speaking to people on the other side of the world.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Generally, I agree that the quality is fine - the major issue I have when using 18185, is that sometimes friends/relations don't answer because the call has shown up on their Caller Display as "International"
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 28th May 18, 7:04 PM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    loulou41
    Cannot sign in with 18185
    Am having problems signing to view my account. I get incorrect details. I have rechecked and I know my details are right. Which details go first is it customer number then phone number? It used to say which is which but it is blandk
    on my screen. Thanks
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 29th May 18, 5:03 AM
    • 2,174 Posts
    • 1,009 Thanks
    notbritishgas
    Am having problems signing to view my account. I get incorrect details. I have rechecked and I know my details are right. Which details go first is it customer number then phone number? It used to say which is which but it is blandk
    on my screen. Thanks
    Originally posted by loulou41
    The phone number is first (at the top ) then the customer number.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 29th May 18, 8:18 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 2,492 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Website log in OK here.
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 26th Jun 18, 7:34 AM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    loulou41
    Which phone providers can you use 18185
    Can anybody confirm it can be used with plusnet? It is time to ditch bt with the incoming price rise twice in a year. Thanks
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 26th Jun 18, 7:55 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 2,492 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Yup -I still use 18185 for daytime calls with P/Net
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Jun 18, 8:09 AM
    • 35,249 Posts
    • 41,299 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Merged in with the long running existing thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 26th Jun 18, 9:03 AM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Can anybody confirm it can be used with plusnet? It is time to ditch bt with the incoming price rise twice in a year. Thanks
    Originally posted by loulou41
    I would check out Plusnet's phone prices as they aren't cheap either. Maybe a whole penny cheaper than the new BT prices for call setup etc. Still a rip off.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 7th Jan 19, 8:40 AM
    • 6,072 Posts
    • 28,613 Thanks
    Slinky
    Is anybody having problems using 18185.com this morning? I'm getting wierd reply to any number I'm calling saying 'this is a test message, lewey lewey something's gotta go' or some such wierd thing!
    • Patr100
    • By Patr100 1st Apr 19, 3:21 PM
    • 1,367 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    Patr100
    I've used them ocasionally. I see their website has had a revamp
    The Uk rates used to be featured on their homepage but now they are in a long list. Worth double checking they are still competitive. eg . My 02 mobile to mobile charge is 3p/min - looks like they charge 10p/min ? (6p min for landline to mobile)
    http://www.18185.co.uk/
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 1st Apr 19, 5:35 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    It might be a brand new website, but they still have their many years out of date info on it like.....

"Great benefits for Non-BT callers as well! Especially for all NTL, Telewest, other non-BT landline and mobile customers we have dedicated the freephone number"
    • repechage
    • By repechage 21st May 19, 2:36 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    repechage
    The non-BT access number isnít working for me and when I check their site they donít even mention this option now as far as I can see.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 21st May 19, 6:09 AM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    Ian011
    Click the tiny three line symbol top right and a menu pops out from the left of the screen. Select the appropriate page from the list, in this case "mobile rates". This page gives the 0800 and 020 access numbers.
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 21st May 19, 1:38 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    Or from their webpage click on "Mobile Rates"

https://www.18185.co.uk/rates-mobile
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 21st May 19, 3:32 PM
    • 2,803 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    polymaff
    Hadn't noticed this before:

"you will also be charged if the number you wish to call isn't answered or is engaged"
    • Patr100
    • By Patr100 21st May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 1,367 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    Patr100

"you will also be charged if the number you wish to call isn't answered or is engaged"
    Originally posted by polymaff
    Not new. There's been a connection fee (regardless whether your call is answered) for quite a while now.
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 21st May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 2,803 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    polymaff

Originally posted by polymaff
    Not new. There's been a connection fee (regardless whether your call is answered) for quite a while now.
    Originally posted by Patr100
    What do you mean by "quite a while"?

I don't remember being billed for an unanswered or engaged-tone 18185 call before.

Plus the implication that you will be charged more than just a connection charge.

This is going to make a call to the GP surgery appointments line a much more expensive affair.

Also applies to 18866 and 1899.
    Last edited by polymaff; 21-05-2019 at 6:42 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

481Posts Today

5,605Users online

Martin's Twitter