Private Car Parking 'Fine'

Had my car parked in a private car park. I registered to pay for parking for the first 24 hours, but due to bad local mobile telephone reception did not receive the 10 minute expiry warning until 20 minutes after it expired. However, I did remember to log on to the website 5 minutes before expiry but by the time I entered all the data again (car reg, credit card number, etc, etc) I missed extending my parking by just 2 minutes. They've sent me £100 fine reduced to £60 if pay within 14 days. They say I can appeal but if I lose they want £100. Feel totally unreasonable. Is there really no leeway for these things. They are an accredited member of Independent Parking Community, but not sure that makes any difference.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Post up the actual letter with the invoice for the fine and we can take a look at the wording.

If it took you 7 minutes to pay for a paying ticket something must of been wrong.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Had my car parked in a private car park. I registered to pay for parking for the first 24 hours, but due to bad local mobile telephone reception did not receive the 10 minute expiry warning until 20 minutes after it expired. However, I did remember to log on to the website 5 minutes before expiry but by the time I entered all the data again (car reg, credit card number, etc, etc) I missed extending my parking by just 2 minutes. They've sent me £100 fine reduced to £60 if pay within 14 days. They say I can appeal but if I lose they want £100. Feel totally unreasonable. Is there really no leeway for these things. They are an accredited member of Independent Parking Community, but not sure that makes any difference.

This would be better off posted on the parking tickets board just above this one.

Be sure to read the thread that tells Newbies to read it first though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure