Amex protection

Options
I booked an easyJet flight at the end of this month for me and my girlfriend but we’re now unable to go because of work commitments. EasyJet (understandably) won’t refund the ticket - but am I able to get money back from Amex (I booked using my Amex Gold Card)?

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Why would you expect Amex to reimburse you? You bought non refundable tickets that you have decided not to use. EasyJet are still willing to carry out the service that you contracted with them.

Amex Credit Cards are covered by S75. Amex has its own voluntary scheme for charge cards which offers the same protection.

You can cancel the flights and claim a refund of APD, but EasyJet may charge you an admin fee for doing this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. This doesn’t lie with Amex to replace either.

Travel Insurance may have helped you out.

If you booked the holiday already can you not ask your work to reimburse you? Again it’s not really their responsibility
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    easyJet allows change of dates on a flight booking, standard fare, for a fee plus fare difference (if any).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • ds2003
    ds2003 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah okay no problem. It doesn’t really bother me that much. It was more that Amex have the belle text on their website and I didn’t know if this situation would be covered under it:

If you're having trouble getting a UK shop to refund your American Express®
    Charge or Credit Card payment, submit a claim and we'll refund the purchase
    price up to £200.
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its not Easyjets fault that you can't fly on the date you chose to book your tickets, they do offer a service where you can amend the tickets for a fee to a date that you can fly.

Travel insurance may help you out if you have it?

Its not up to Amex to refund the payment as easyjet are providing the service, it is you who cannot fulfill the commitment you made when purchasing the tickets.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure