Data breach

Options
Data breach by Santander
Quite a bit of mine and my wife’s personal details have been stapled (to the back of a refusal for PPI letter to another person in a different part of the country) and the ombudsman said a fair offer is £100 after Santander offered £50.
I have asked the ombudsman to review again.
Has anyone had similar and what was their final outcome
Over to you Mr.Lewis

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A minor data breach like this is open to opinion but £25-£150 is the usual range.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If there has been no financial loss or detriment then that is more than fair - banks are only required to pay out for losses and minor figures for inconvenience.

Curious... what do you think is fair and reasonable for this human error that has not impacted upon you in any way?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Over to you Mr.Lewis

Mr Lewis can't hear you from his yacht.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Over to you Mr.Lewis
    Martyn Lewis sold this site some years back, but even prior to that he didn't routinely read forum posts!

So not "over" to anyone, I'm afraid.. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure