Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NikNak72
    • By NikNak72 13th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    NikNak72
    Lisa - isa
    • 13th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    Lisa - isa 13th Mar 18 at 4:41 PM
    Can you open a LISA and an ISA with 2 different providers in the same year.

AJ Bell & HL seem to be the two providers for S&S LISA, so could you have a S&S LISA with one and S&S ISA with the other?

TIA
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 13th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 7:24 PM
    Yes you can open 1 of each of the 4 types of ISA (Cash, S&S, LISA and IF) with any providers as long as you limit your total contributions to the 20k tax year allowance. So for example you could add 4k to the LISA and 16k to the S&S ISA.

I would agree with you HL and AJ Bell are offering the best LISAs but the S&S ISA market is more competitive so it's worth looking at Vanguard Investor, Cavendish and Charles Stanley Direct for funds or iWeb and XO for shares.

Alex
    • NikNak72
    • By NikNak72 14th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NikNak72
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply Alex

Don't Vangaurd only have their funds available on their platform?
    I will have a look at the others for the S&S ISA. Will depend what funds I choose to invest in, the cost to buy and ongoing costs. Long term when I keep adding to funds to ISA's.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 14th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 2,004 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    Yes, Vanguard Investor only carries Vanguard funds, but if you decided to invest in Vanguard funds only - which would be a perfectly reasonable option - then it is the cheapest way to do o. Vanguard Investor platform fee is 0.15%, compared to Cavnedish or Charles Stanley, who both charge 0.25% (and Charles Stanley charges a 10 per holding exit fee).
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Mar 18, 6:58 AM
    • 2,544 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 15th Mar 18, 6:58 AM
    • 15th Mar 18, 6:58 AM
    Yes, Vanguard Investor only carries Vanguard funds.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Vanguard Investor offers "Vanguard and friends" - for example the Global Equity Fund is managed by Baillie Gifford and Wellington and the Global Emerging Markets fund is managed by Baillie Gifford, Oaktree and Pzena.

Alex
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    • 2,004 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 9:30 PM
    Vanguard Investor offers "Vanguard and friends" - for example the Global Equity Fund is managed by Baillie Gifford and Wellington and the Global Emerging Markets fund is managed by Baillie Gifford, Oaktree and Pzena.

Alex
    Originally posted by Alexland
    I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,274Posts Today

5,507Users online

Martin's Twitter