Time to get serious

Comments

• I'm awake early again, the wind is crazy out there.

We have a viewing today. That's if they turn up....the last 2 that booked to view cancelled, so not feeling overly optimistic just now. There is another one booked for Saturday.

Mostly this week so far has been work and getting the house ready for viewings.

We have also contacted the people that supply the water to the new field, we are meeting them Saturday before we start fencing again and chased up the farmer that was going to trim the hedge. Not sure if we are going to manage to get it done before the 1st March deadline, if not it will have to wait until Autumn.

Off out for a meal tonight at my favourite carvery, which I'm really looking forward to - they have a proper sweet trolley that they wheel around to your table!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is a bad day for people to travel to a house viewing :( Storm Doris and all .... though I'm loving the sound of that sweet trolley, and I *hope* the viewers make it.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Sweet trolley was amazing, I think waitress was new as the portions were huge. In fact so huge I couldn't finish it!

Viewers unfortunately were not amazing. They thought our upstairs was too small for the two of them, which is very odd as our house is old with much larger rooms than other houses! There are also 3 of us here currently, used to be 4 though befire DD1 moved out. Finally viewer for today has cancelled too. That's 3/4 booked a viewing then cancelled. I thought I would hate selling and I do.

EA said he will review it again on Thursday as it is early days yet. We are wondering if we need to reduce it, although one almost identical in our road sold for 148 in December (ours is up for 149950). He is very responsive and phoned my hubby back very quickly to discuss options.

We will be fencing again all weekend, so hoping to use up all the calories I have consumed all week!!
  • EatingTheElephant
    EatingTheElephant Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2017 at 8:42AM
    Two days fencing complete and now I can't move! We are very close to the end of the top edge so really really pleased with our progress. Especially as we have something on Saturday for the next two weekends, so that will slow down progress.

We met our neighbours up the field Saturday and they seem really nice too.

I'm glad to be inside in the warm now, hubby prepped a casserole for the slow cooker last night and put it on this morning, looking forward to that any minute now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
  • Last day of the month already. It feels to have gone very quick and I have managed to not spend much at all. There is quite a bit to shuffle over for house moving costs.

Spends are already planned for March, an online shop has been booked for tomorrow and picking up dog food on Sunday.

I have quite a bit of catching up to do as our weekends have been spent up the new field but work is quite busy too. I shall be glad of a rest when this is all done!
  • The most exciting bit of news is our field hedge has been cut by the local farmer. Also some overgrown bits chomped so more of the field reclaimed.

No more viewings on the house, all very quiet but checking sold and similar for sale prices regularly and seems ok.

I've moved lots of screenshots I've taken on my phone of house decor or stable bits as inspiration and put them all together in p!ntrest. We are nearly at the point of designing the entrance area/stable yard area now.

Meal plan done for the next 3 weeks and shopping has arrived, hopefully we can get away with not buying too much more food this month. I'd like to sort some of the cupboards out to use stuff up.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I like pinterest too, in lots of ways - its so visual, and the groupings are so much your own. Enjoy :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • I'm a visual learner so it makes sense for me, although I don't use it as much as I could.

More fencing this weekend and trying to keep up with everyday things like ironing. We haven't given in to takeaways though and are eating loosely off the meal plan, so keeping a tight rein on the finances.

Work has been mentally tiring this week, but lots learnt which is what I like! I still have quite a few invoices to send out though.

We've decided to move the horses once the fencing is finished as travelling to feed them now the light is getting better will not be so bad. It will also give us a bit more £ saved as we won't have field rent to pay. I'm quite excited that we will get to use it soon :)
  • Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a spendy day, although nothing too frivolous. Entered the next couple of months events for the dog, paid for his food for the next month which we collect today. Bought a bag of expensive horse feed to try the two boys on as they have dropped a bit of weight. Actually I hadn't realised until I wrote it here that it was all spent on the animals!!

All the pitiful amounts from interest/rewards has been shuffled over and ironing done too.
  • Awake early again today, very annoying as I have an intense day for work today. I hope I make it through the day ok!

No money spent on Sunday, trying to balance out spending a lot on Saturday, although ordered 4 bottles of my shampoo yesterday as it was on offer so moneysaving in the long term.

More fencing completed Sunday, but didn't get far as there was a lot of clearing that needed doing first. Lots more scratches from brambles and hawthorn too. It was very wet and windy so had a cup a soup in the caravan to try and warm up a bit before collecting the dog food.

Our plans might be changing soon, depending on how things go over the next couple of days. The mortgage advisor has offered an alternative option which we are very interested in, just trying to work out if we can line it all up now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure