Getting back on the MFW Wagon

Comments

• :dance:_party_ Happy New Year!

I have to say I am looking forward to working towards the goals we have set for 2018 - we have possibly aimed a little too high given that I will be going onto statutory maternity pay in April, but if we don't try, we'll never know!

Today has been spent getting jobs done to set us up for the week ahead;

- washing and ironing pretty much up to date.

- xmas tree and decks have been put back in the loft.

- top up shop has been done (£54.11) including loads of cleaning products, some new socks and slippers. I picked up the reduced pampers, without the Asda price guarantee coupon, as the shelves had pretty much been cleared - but there was 1 pack of size 2 waiting just for me :rotfl: they were meant to be £6, reduced to £4 on offer and then had a £1 manufacturer coupon, so paid £3 for 54 nappies.

Receipt has been uploaded to receipt hog and pampers club. The points from the initial sign up and today's receipt have netted me a £3 off coupon. I will print that this week and pop it in my purse ready for a bargain.

- I also requested a £10 amazon voucher from swag bucks, which will just be added to the account to be used at a later date.

No further spends required this week, so am looking at keeping everything money related quite quiet. I have time off on Friday and next Monday and will use a free entry to a local soft play voucher to entertain LO before she goes back to school on Tuesday.
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Today was an NSD, as planned.

£10 amazon voucher has arrived from SB and added to the account for future use.

Need milk and squash tomorrow, so a couple of pounds to be spent, but otherwise, I will be cultivating moths in my purse this week :rotfl:
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Today was a low spend day, as planned;

£3.49 at local shop for 2 bottles of milk and a bottle of squash.
    £1 at work as forgot lunch.

We have eaten dinner from stores , I printed the Asda Price Guarentee Voucher at work and have processed the return paperwork for Seraphine dresses (they don't half make you jump through hoops). The returns paperwork will be printed tomorrow and I will pop into the post office on the way home.

I will just keep an eye on the bank accounts to make sure any returns are refunded and the money is distributed to where needed.

I have also rounded down the joint account by £7 odd and popped it into the savings account to get us (albeit slowly) moving towards that £5k target.

No new surveys have come up today, but I did go swagbucking and have almost enough for another £3 amazon voucher.
  • Good morning.

i didn't manage to get to the post office yesterday as I worked a long day at work (I was trying to get ahead of my work before I had a long weekend off). Although, I did feel like I made some long overdue changes at work (in terms of organisation and set up).

Jobs for today;

Take returns to post office
    Pick up M&S collection
    Pick up free bounty and Emma's diary packs from boots
    Meal plan for next week and write shopping list
    Go shopping inc using cash back apps
  • Good Morning.

Yesterday was spent attempting to boost Money saving activity - I am yet to see if all of my efforts will pay off.

I dropped two packages for return to the post office (top for mothercare and 3 dresses for Seraphine).

I also picked up the free Bounty pack from Boots, but they had run out of the Emma's Diary one.

I have also attempted to save money using offers and cashback apps, I am waiting to see if all of the cashback claims come through :huh:

I used Green Jinn, Checkout Smart and ClickSnap together to maximise the cashback. Green Jinn have approved one of two purchases, ClickSnap has shown as pending on my Quidco account this morning and CheckoutSmart is pending. I should be due £21.62 cashback if all goes to plan (fingers crossed!).

I did eat out yesterday (not very MSE) - £8.50 spent on LO and myself between shopping and visiting a relative in hospital :o

I also met my SB daily target and requested a £3 Amazon voucher.

Meal planning is still to be done for week ahead.
  • The money saving efforts have paid off;

£1.10 cash back confirmed by Green Jinn
    £9.75 cash back confirmed and requested from checkout smart
    £7.26 cash back confirmed by Quidco click snap :j:j

Today has been an NSD, tomorrow we have planned to go to the cinema (should be around £8 ish after we have used a cinema voucher given to LO at xmas. I have a bag of popcorn from yesterday's efforts and will grab some drinks en route.

I have meal planned around cupboard and freezer contents and have have made a list of bits to be picked up tomorrow. I'm expecting to spend £30 max, including a bag of dishwasher tablets.
  • Good Evening!

The last couple of days have been full on, but enjoyable as I was spending time with OH and DD (just DD today).

We went to the cinema yesterday to see Ferdinand the Bull - excellent! Would recommend - it is aimed at kiddies, but OH and I laughed throughout. OH picked up the remaining bill after voucher from his personal spends, so no change to my accounts other than the food shop I had already planned.

I have spent money today, but all of it was required (Petrol and Car parking + a few bits for relative in hospital). DD got to see them too and it made such a difference to them both - its amazing how children can lift peoples spirits.

Otherwise, I have been ploughing through jobs around the house and we have stuck to the meal plan and used what we have in the cupboards.

Its back to reality tomorrow after a lovely long weekend - packed lunch already done and in fridge to keep me on track :money:
  • Good Evening.

Just dropping in with an update to keep myself on track.

Yesterday was an NSD - today required some work spends which will be reimbursed through expenses, so I am going to count today as an NSD too (is that cheating?).

We have stuck to packed lunches and eating from the meal plan. I have been accepted to trial Quorn mince and got the voucher for a free bag in today's post, so will work that into next weeks meal plan.

Amazon voucher (£3) has come through from SB and has been added to the account. I have also requested some cashback from quidco in the form of Amazon vouchers to be added to the pot.

There will be no major money moves until payday, so the focus will be on consistently getting smaller amounts by either earning or savings etc.
  • Good Morning!

This weekend has been a spendy one - grocery shop done Friday (£52.64) and £32.30 was spent yesterday on a day out with DD - we went to see 101 Dalmations at the theatre (It was excellent!) the £32.20 was spent on lunch with family members and travel :o

I have reconciled the accounts and have moved £37.63 to the joint savings account, which brings it to £2152.49.

There will only be grocery spends next Friday, as I have plenty of petrol etc.

I have decided to leave the CC account for now, as I am still waiting for a couple of refunds to go through before I pay off the remainder of the pushchair from next months budget.

In the meantime, I am cracking on with swagbucking and surveys.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :dance:_party_ Happy New Year!

I have to say I am looking forward to working towards the goals we have set for 2018 - we have possibly aimed a little too high given that I will be going onto statutory maternity pay in April, but if we don't try, we'll never know!

Don't we all aim a little high...;) I'd put my £5 on you making them!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport