Help please

Options
Ok so I was discharged from bankruptcy on 6 Jan 2018. During my bankruptcy the insolvency practitioner was seeking to obtain money from my ex wife out of the equity in our joint home. Am not sure what’s happening with that as my ex and I don’t speak .
My questions is this .. she has just served papers on me to sort out the financial side of the divorce . If the insolvency practioner was unable to get the money from her ( which equates to my half of equity ) then where does that leave me in relation to me then claiming my fair share . She is trying to bleed me dry and as it stands wants my pension as I have no other assets . So any help would be great thank you

Comments

• KeepOnKnitting
    Options
    It sounds like you maybe need a solicitor for your divorce.
    If your wife was a housewife while you were working, she is allowed to claim some of your pension pot. If she hadn't been staying at home married to you, she could have been earning her own pension. Equally if you had stayed married, your pension would have supported you both in retirement.

The Official Reciever cannot touch your pension.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Generally the OR leaves dealing with property until after 2 years of bankruptcy. So it may be that she is still in negotiation with the OR over buying out the OR's beneficial interest in the property.

Is your name still on the mortgage? You don;t want a situation where arrears post bankruptcy mess up your clean slate.

If you can't speak to her, you can certainly speak to the OR.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure