Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • monz
    • By monz 17th Dec 14, 11:39 AM
    • 3,120Posts
    • 9,813Thanks
    monz
    Crowdology
    • 17th Dec 14, 11:39 AM
    Crowdology 17th Dec 14 at 11:39 AM
    Anyone having trouble logging into today?x
    Debt (1/9/14) 6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    house deposit 6,720.99/10,000
    car PCP - 149/11848.25 (0 overpayment)
    mums July birthday vouchers 0/50, Niece birthday June 0/50
    Holiday spending 200/300, Belfast 30/500 (252 for apart
    ment)
Page 2
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 21st Mar 16, 3:51 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    If you're willing to work for 70p/hour you can find others willing to employ you. You can come and dig my garden over for 2/hour if you like!
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    This latest one didn't take half an hour, even though it was fairly long, so I would have made a bit over 70p per hour lol

Loads of people do these surveys, it's a great way (usually) of making a little bit of money, but when these companies take the wotsit it's appalling.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 21st Mar 16, 3:54 PM
    • 62,178 Posts
    • 363,938 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    This latest one didn't take half an hour, even though it was fairly long, so I would have made a bit over 70p per hour lol
    Originally posted by littlewren
    So you're not saying "no" to 2/hour to dig my garden over? It's not really much digging either.... it'd be the easiest 2/hour you'd ever earnt. Just dig a random bit and chuck it into the corner.... then pat the corner down.

I'm not upping the rate though; I know you'll work for 70p/hour and I've already made a good offer at 2

If you do it well I'll let you paint the fence for 2 too. How easy is that?? You're landing on your feet.
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 21st Mar 16, 3:57 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    So you're not saying "no" to 2/hour to dig my garden over? It's not really much digging either.... it'd be the easiest 2/hour you'd ever earnt. Just dig a random bit and chuck it into the corner.... then pat the corner down.

I'm not upping the rate though; I know you'll work for 70p/hour and I've already made a good offer at 2

If you do it well I'll let you paint the fence for 2 too. How easy is that?? You're landing on your feet.
    My garden needs digging over, so maybe I should pay myself for doing it!

It's very kind of you though to say I can paint the fence for 2 too, what a lovely person you are
    • soolin
    • By soolin 21st Mar 16, 4:06 PM
    • 60,174 Posts
    • 42,806 Thanks
    soolin
    Despite the joking I do think it is a valid point that none of us should devalue ourselves, the less we think we are worth the less these companies will pay us. Have we really got to the stage where people are willing to work for less than 1 an hour?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • littlewren
    • By littlewren 23rd Mar 16, 12:14 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    littlewren
    Despite the joking I do think it is a valid point that none of us should devalue ourselves, the less we think we are worth the less these companies will pay us. Have we really got to the stage where people are willing to work for less than 1 an hour?
    Originally posted by soolin
    These survey sites enable people to take a survey here and there and maybe make a few pounds in the process. They're especially good for stay at home parents and people out of work, but I agree that companies take advantage of this.

I finally received a reply from Crowdology to say there are various reasons why this would happen - racing through the survey, not giving complete answers - but I always make sure I take enough time completing them & give complete answers and there was no reason I shouldn't have been credited. It's laughable really, just 35p, but it's the principal. They have my answers and no payout.
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 14th Apr 16, 1:06 PM
    • 1,167 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    If you're willing to work for 70p/hour you can find others willing to employ you. You can come and dig my garden over for 2/hour if you like!
    What a stupid thing to say! We all know survey sites pay peanuts. What was your point? Have you got anything to contribute?

• ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 14th Apr 16, 1:08 PM
    • 1,167 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    I have been with Crowdology for quite a while with no problems, but then a couple of months ago I completed a long survey - it took me around half an hour - and got to the very end, submitted it, was thanked, and then on the next page Crowdology told me I wasn't eligible! I e-mailed Crowdology with the link for the survey and asked if they could look into it and credit my account with the points. Nothing.

Then today, I completed another fairly long survey, which was to pay the paltry sum of 35p, got to the end, submitted it and was thanked, only to receive the same message again from Crowdology saying I wasn't eligible! I've e-mailed them again (but I'm not holding my breath). It may only be 35p but there's a principle at stake here when it keeps happening.

I can't believe how some of these survey sites get away with this. There are some sites that are absolutely great, no problems, or if you have a problem with not receiving points they will add them for you. But Crowdology are getting worse. Since e-mailing them, I've decided I am now going to knock it on the head with them, it's not worth the hassle.
    Originally posted by littlewren
    Crowdology is rubbish. Just give up and move on.

Swagbucks, Prizerebel, Globaltestmarket. Only those 3 should give you at least 50 a month.

• bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 14th Apr 16, 3:52 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    I agree that they have gotten much worse recently. I regularly spend several minutes doing surveys before it decides to screen me out. I have recently given up on a few of the sites, and I think they might be next.
    As for the other comments, I don't do any survey that pays less than what works out at around 3 per hour. I know that it sounds like a very low amount, but I am realistic. PopulusLive is one of my favourites. I'm expecting another 50 cheque from them any day now, and am already up to 15 again.
    • allison445
    • By allison445 14th Apr 16, 7:26 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    allison445
    Having the same problem with inbox pounds just now don't do many surveys but it's annoying when you spend 20 minutes and get to the end of the survey just to be told you didn't qualify.
    • Planet Switzerland
    • By Planet Switzerland 17th Apr 16, 7:39 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Planet Switzerland
    Originally posted by soolin

The most obvious way to earn extra money is either by doing overtime or doing a second job.

Unfortunately my contract says I'm not allowed to take a second job and overtime doesn't exist where I work, you get paid the same regardless of the number of hours you work.

I suspect many people who do surveys are in the same boat and need extra money, and the survey companies know this.

I generally try to avoid long surveys though, because of the boredom factor and its a lot of time you risk wasting if you end up being screened out.
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 10th May 16, 7:06 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    Has anyone else had problems logging in to the site? I had to say I had forgotten my password but even the new password they sent wasn't accepted. I emailed them and got a reply which said it might be my cookies - although it didn't tell me what to do about that - or that it might be my browser, but I am using windows 10 so it is certainly not out of date. It is 12 days since I sent a second email in response to theirs, and they have not replied.
    • monz
    • By monz 6th Feb 17, 10:31 AM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 9,813 Thanks
    monz
    Crowdology
    Hi all

Anyone having any problems logging into this site today?

I have completed two surveys for them but cannot log into their actual site

Thanks x
    ment)
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 6th Feb 17, 11:14 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,176 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Same, just did a survey this morning but the website is down (500 Internal Server Error).
    • monz
    • By monz 6th Feb 17, 11:20 AM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 9,813 Thanks
    monz
    I emailed them and gt this back

Hi Monica

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know. Our developers are working to fix it and we'll have the site up and running again very soon. You should still be able to take surveys by clicking links from email invitations or through the OpinionApp.

Many thanks for alerting us to the issue.

Kind regards
    ment)
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 6th Feb 17, 11:40 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,176 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    That was a quick reply, thanks for letting us know too
    • monz
    • By monz 6th Feb 17, 1:07 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 9,813 Thanks
    monz
    Yeah I was surprised by quick response never knew they had an app.... get more surveys that way off them too
    ment)
    • Frempt
    • By Frempt 6th Feb 17, 2:05 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Frempt
    Seems they're back up and running now, I can access the website again.
    2017 in 2017 challenge - 2020.06/2017 (as of 27th September)
    • Lighthouse17
    • By Lighthouse17 12th Jan 18, 3:04 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lighthouse17
    Problems with surveys in crowdology
    Good evening, I introduce myself, I am Johnny Ramirez, a pleasure to be in the group, I have been verifying all the information and quite interesting.

But I come wanting to make a query I tried to do some survey with crowdology and as soon as I enter the pre-survey, it disqualifies me automatically without sending me to the section they have to carry out other surveys. Today, January 11, I have had problems with that and I would like to please anyone could help me.

Another thing is that when I check my mail and the link is direct, that is, I should not do the pre-survey if it grabs directly without problems.

Greetings.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 12th Jan 18, 10:30 AM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    MLE007
    I just skip the pre-screening questions and it either leads to a survey or disqualifies. I have had lots of errors with CINT surveys loading the last couple of weeks so maybe they are having some issues.
    2018 in 2018 1152.08

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • saddevilblues
    • By saddevilblues 15th Jan 18, 3:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    saddevilblues
    Hey Lighthouse17

Did you manage to access those surveys?
    I am having similar problem with all the CINT survey based panels.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,519Posts Today

8,517Users online

Martin's Twitter