Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • passatrider
    • By passatrider 19th Aug 12, 8:29 PM
    • 805Posts
    • 764Thanks
    passatrider
    Orange 'Free' Broadband
    • 19th Aug 12, 8:29 PM
    Orange 'Free' Broadband 19th Aug 12 at 8:29 PM
    I've been an Orange broadband user since the days of Wanadoo takeover.
    Now, when I took out a phone contract a few years back I was given Home Broadband 'free for life' or so I thought. This was provided you kept the phone contract and it was a plan over £30.

Two years ago I left my contract and went Orange Pay as You Go as I was informed that as long as I kept my Orange phone and kept credit on it, the free Broadband would still continue.

Today, I get an email from Orange informing me that my 'Free for life' Broadband will cease from 17/10/12 as I no longer have a contract with them - even though I left my contract in October 2010.
    To continue with this offer I have to take out an Orange phone plan again and also take a Home phone plan.

Where do I stand with this?
Page 4
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 27th Aug 12, 3:18 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Orange telephone CS have always been bad. My blog from 2 years ago ...

http://www.siteguru.co.uk/musings/tag/orange/
    • Eva49
    • By Eva49 27th Aug 12, 4:03 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Eva49
    I received my email this morning, no letter yet, informing me as I was no longer a contract customer ect ect my free BB ceases 17/10/2012.
    Been with orange since 2006 on contract with free BB, prior to that was with wanadoo and still use the wanadoo livebox today, the orange modem resides still boxed in the cupboard.
    My offer was free BB for 'life', which orange interpreted 'for as long as I retained my contract phone with them they would provide free BB.'
    Never renewed my contract without checking BB was inclusive.
    Like the rest of you, I too have spent approx 1.5hrs in telephone conversation with BB dept. and mobile phone dept. each blaming the other but in actual fact getting nowhere.They each informed me my BB was a separate contract which it was not.
    Bottom line is, I told them they were in breach of contract (renewed mine 5months ago for 2yrs) and that I wanted nothing further to do with orange, only reason I stayed was because of the BB making the deal very attractive! Of course they informed me I couldn't do that, told them they could take me to court! Interestingly, he said he didn't think they would do that.
    I am of the opinion I have a rolling 12month contract with BT, which would mean I am unable to change line rental until Feb 2013; having finished my conversation with them, they then called me back and offered me a credit on my account to the tune of £80 something (I wasn't really listening as the red mist had descended) to cover me till Feb 2013, ie free BB until they get the line rental; they are calling me tomorrow for my decision!
    This for me, is of course financial, but more a point of principal.
    I was given an email address to make contact with their executive dept.

executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com

Personally, I consider they are in breach of contract, whether that is correct in law I am not sure? but I will force the issue.
    I will of course do as others have suggested via Offcom
    One final point to make, I do still have a contract which was sent to me in July 2006 with the new modem, but, was told no need to return it as the BB formed part of my mobile contract!
    I am now being told the exact opposite!
    Angie
  • sjlmlk
    Eva49, My contract was the same as yours "for life" AS LONG AS I HAD A MONTHLY MOBILE PLAN.I managed to get a name and e-mail address from them it is
    daniel.fitch@everythingeverywhere.com
    I have also sent an e-mail to BBC Watchdog, I don't think this will do much but it must be worth a try.
    • Eva49
    • By Eva49 27th Aug 12, 6:03 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Eva49
    Thank you sjlmlk
    Have emailed using your posted address and at the executive.office will come back and post if I get any response.
    Have also messaged OFCOM and will be opening a formal complaint with Orange

Will keep you informed as and when
  • Karentcb
    Like many other I have been with Wanadoand and Freeserve for as long as I can remember. Been on an Orange contract since 2005 and on PAYG before that. Initially I tookout the took out the contract purely because I would receive free BB for as long as I had a contract with them.
    Each time my contract was up for renewal I always made sure that the free BB was still included. I am not a big user so free BB was more important for me.
    I am currently midway through a 24 month contract andrecently received a text message from Orange ‘Best Plan’ asking me to contact them. I telephoned them on Wednesday (at this point I had not yet received the letter or email)and was offered a cheaper tariff. Apparently I am a valued customer who they acknowledge has been with them for many years. I asked several times about the free BB and wasassured my BB would still be free as it was only the tariff that had changed. Everything else including the length of contract remained the same.
    I received my letter on Thursday. Talk about give with onehand and take with the other. The agent I spoke to on Wednesday must have knownthat these letters had been sent.
    I have telephoned Orange and spoke to various people in customer services in both the mobile and BB departments without success. Being transferred back and forth and even being cut off at one point. Eventually I spoke to someone who did seem tohave some sympathy for me as a customer but he was unable to do anything. If I don’t take up the offer in the letter my broadband will be cut off. I explained that I am currently part way through a call plan with BT so would be unable to take up Orange’s offer even if I wanted to and was told that BT charge a cancelation fee of £5 per month and I should weigh this up against the benefits with Orange. Obviously done their homework. I said that I would need to check with BT how I stood and that I would call back. He said that he would call me and promised to ring me back on Saturday afternoon. Needless tosay he did’nt.
    I am extremely disappointed with Orange and wonder what next. We had a price increase earlier in the year now this. It’s not like I can go anywhere else at the moment because as the agent pointed out I am unable to cancel my contract as I have another 12 months to run. If I able take up this new offer (once I have checked with BT) that would tie me in for another 18 months by which time my phone contract will be up for renewal which will probably be another 24 months and so on and so on.
    I shall also be writing to Orange Customer Services to complain and will also register a complaint with Ofcom. Not sure if it will help but hopefully if enough of us write and complain they may back down. I just hope we get an answer fairly soon or I guess I will have no choice but to signup for this new Orange Line rental.
    Last edited by Karentcb; 27-08-2012 at 9:34 PM.
    • Eva49
    • By Eva49 28th Aug 12, 5:13 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Eva49
    Update
    Today I phoned Ofcom Tel: 0300 123 3000

They provided me with a case number, and the following telephone no for Orange Executive Office = 0800 0790 134

Orange Executive Office have 48 hours to respond as per agreement with Ofcom.

NB Ofcom are aware of this issue and are looking into it; they also advised, the executive office will not be helpful unless you have a Case Number to quote.

Angie
  • rorycorny
    ofcom reply
    Ofcom reference: 1-216532137
    28 August 2012
    Dear Mr C********

Thank you for completing a web form on 24 August 2012 about Orange's decision to withdraw free broadband to customers who had a mobile phone contract of over £30 a month.

While all providers will reserve the right to vary their contracts, Ofcom regulations are in place for protecting consumers. If consumers are being notified of a change which is likely to cause them material detriment, the provider must, under Ofcom regulations, give them one month's notice of the change and inform them that they are entitled to terminate their contract without penalty if the change is not acceptable to them. As regards whether material detriment occurs, this depends on the particular nature and circumstances of the variation at issue. It would be for a consumer to pursue with their provider if a price change will cause a significant increase in their bills (and thus a material detriment) and can leave their contract without penalty.

Although Ofcom cannot become involved in individual complaints, I can confirm that we have made a formal record of your concerns. In addition, I would like to supply you with advice on how to take your complaint forward.

If you have already contacted Orange and feel you have been dealt with unreasonably, you should ask them to take your complaint to a higher level within the company. Advise Orange it should be dealt with in line with the procedure in their customer complaints code
    www1orange.co.uk/documents/about/orange-complaints-code-20110118.pdf.

While the final stage in Orange's complaints procedure is submitting a dispute to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, please note they are unable to consider complaints about the fairness of price increases generally. However, where a customer has concerns that Orange has not followed the procedure to introduce such a price increase, the ADR scheme may be able to consider this on a case by case basis.

Orange is a member of the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) for the purpose of ADR. CISAS is a free and independent service for residential and small business customers, and can consider a complaint once it has reached 'deadlock' or has been ongoing for over 8 weeks. Additionally, Orange must abide by their decision but you can reject this and seek legal advice if you remain unhappy. CISAS can be contacted at:

CISAS
    International Dispute Resolution Centre
    70 Fleet Street
    London
    EC4Y 1EU

Phone: 020 7520 3814

I hope the above information is useful.

Yours sincerely
    S***** P****
    Consumer Contact Team

I know it states they can give you a months notice but a increase of £14.60 line rental a month is a significant increase to my monthly payments to orange (if i go along with it that is). And i don`t care if they keep telling me i`m paying this already with BT and it will not cost me anymore a month maybe not but my monthly payments to orange will go up from £36 a month to £50.60 a month.
    • lisa76
    • By lisa76 29th Aug 12, 2:13 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    lisa76
    I had the email as well and have just got off the phone to a chap in Glasgow. I explained that I have just signed a 12 month deal with my landline with Primus and I am not prepared to lose my £99 up front fee paid in order to go with Orange landline rental. He put me on hold (supposedly to talk to someone) and came back with his 'best offer' as I'm a 'loyal customer' for simply broadband package at £13.50 per month.
    I said that I was very disappointed that after all these years (18 years Orange customer) that I was being treated like this. I am stuck in a mobile contract until next July (which I was conned into by Get Connected - another issue) but carried it on because of my free broadband.
    I explained that I know there are much better mobile deals around and that they will be losing my custom as soon as I am able. He tried to get around me by saying that my internet speed will be the same with any other company (currently rubbish imo at 1.5) and that I should carefully consider my options.
    I am soooo angry!!! I have fired off my complaint to OFCOM and will copy the template to Orange and send it off tomorrow. I will also be writing to Watchdog and X-Ray (Welsh consumer complaints programme) and give them as much bad publicity as possible.
    Arrggghhh like I can afford another bill at the moment!!!!
  • nickbirkin
    Reading it all through and checking the rather ambiguous T&C's the conflict seems to arise over the following points.
    Point Six of the T&C's

6. If you are on an Eligible Tariff the Offer will be applied to your account for the period you remain on an Eligible Tariff.
    &
    17. Orange reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time on
    reasonable notice.
    18. Orange reserves the right to replace, amend or withdraw this Offer on reasonable
    notice.

The Question hinges on what is reasonable?
    As with many others we too have recently renewed and are only a third of the way into the contract.
    The only reason we renewed was to keep the free broadband.
    Surely "reasonable" would be to allow all of us to finish our "eligable" contracts and then withdraw the offer.
    This will mean that we have more than 55 days to re-organise our affairs, instead of being painted into a corner where we are forced to either leave or swap to Orange for Line rental.
    I will not be swapping to them due to a nightmare I had a few years ago when they moved me on false promises.
    I personally have requested under the data protection act a full copy of ALL files and audios in order to get my ducks in a row.
    This will take 40 days on its own.
    I would suggest that all folk in the same position request the same as it is a great way to dot the i's and cross the t's when arguing who said what 6 years ago and also may give Orange an idea of the aggravation they are putting people through.
    I recently changed broadband provider for my mother (AOL mis billing for 10 years, £500.00 ex gratia payment won.) and although it went quite smoothly it still involved me wasting my time to get a job done, that had they run their business properly, did not need to be done.
    I will ask those with real legal knowledge if the "Offer" (that their Customer services insist was NOT part of the contract, but was withdrawable if I terminated my contract) does not after six years actually become an implied part of the contract?
    I'll finish with a quote from Bruno Duarte then head of broadband services from the Guardian 26/10/2011.
    "Our objective is to get to a point where we are no longer ashamed of what we are doing to our customers – or, to put it positively, where we are proud of what we are doing to our customers," said Duarte.
    Way to go Bruno
  • jassie7
    I've just received said letter today myself, proper inconveniencing at a time when bills just seem to keep stacking up
    • dfurn
    • By dfurn 29th Aug 12, 6:50 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    dfurn
    I also am an Orange Mobile customer who only recently renewed my mobile contract as I got free broadband. Oddly not had a letter or email from them yet. Just thinking though about the OFCOM route for complaints and wondering if it'll help.

As others have commented if Orange want to stop my free broadband then I'd see them as having varied the terms and conditions of my mobile contract and hence I should have the right to walk away from that with no cancellation fee. I wonder if this last question is something which is an issue to do with varying the costs (and benefits) of a contract and would more be an item for legal challenge? Ultimately is it not for Orange to say they have not varied the contract and hence I can't cancel without a fee, it's for a court to decide. I'm not saying people should not complain to OFCOM, but going to CISAS then quickly on to a court might get the result we'd need. Orange would never want the bad publicity of a legal challenge, I dare say.

I like Gadgetmaster's complaint letter by the way, nicely written.
  • David_P
    Like the OP, I also received a letter this morning informing me that as of October 2012 Orange will no longer provide 'free' broadband..

I used to have a dial up account with Wannadoo, who then became Freeserve, who then were acquired by Orange. I paid £15 per month for this Internet connection.

At that time I also happened to have a mobile phone contract/account with Orange, which I also paid £15 per month for.

When Orange took over from Freeserve, they increased the cost of my mobile phone package to £30 pcm.

Which I did not mind, as I was already paying £30 for both my internet and mobile phone package.

However this Broadband is not FREE.

Orange state they offer a free broadband package. It has never been free. If you are paying for your internet costs as part of a package, it is not FREE.

A definition of FREE would be if you had no accounts with Orange, and yet were able to use their broadband for FREE. Which of course you cannot.

[*1967 Misrepresentation Act.]

Over the years, my mobile phone package has gradually increased in cost. [The service from Orange has been consistently abysmal]

However now, Orange are stating that as of October 2012, they are ceasing their FREE broadband.

UNLESS!

I agree to change my landline telephone account with BT, over to Orange, and pay Orange more monthly landline rental for the privilege!

Blatant Blackmail.

The [incompotent] office of fair trading, trading standards, and ofcom, should be acting on the side of the consumer to make Orange admit that their broadband service is most certainly not FREE by any definition of the term.

I also dont think its a coincidence that Orange have stated Free Broadband will cease in October 2012, sending the letter 8 weeks prior to this date, as they have 8 weeks to consider complaints before Ofcom will consider a complaint.

They obviously employ many scumbag bean counters and corporate lawyers

If you recieved the same letter, please contact Orange Executive offices and complain on telephone number: 0800 0790134

• Buzby
    • By Buzby 29th Aug 12, 8:42 PM
    • 8,201 Posts
    • 3,011 Thanks
    Buzby
    It never was 'free' but inclusive. The cost being inbuilt into whatever package you signed up to. Nothing lasts forever, and there are major changes ahead, most likely with Orange disappearing as a brand.

OFCOM and the rest are not a consumer champion and will make soothing noises but not much else. Vote with your wallet/purse if you want to make a statement - it is the only thing they'll understand.
    • Gadgetmaster
    • By Gadgetmaster 29th Aug 12, 9:09 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Gadgetmaster
    <snip>

As others have commented if Orange want to stop my free broadband then I'd see them as having varied the terms and conditions of my mobile contract and hence I should have the right to walk away from that with no cancellation fee.

<snip>
    it's for a court to decide. I'm not saying people should not complain to OFCOM, but going to CISAS then quickly on to a court might get the result we'd need. Orange would never want the bad publicity of a legal challenge, I dare say.

I like Gadgetmaster's complaint letter by the way, nicely written.
    Originally posted by dfurn
    Excellent point, but whereas OFCOM can raise concerns with Orange immediately, customers need to exhaust the Orange complaints procedure, or wait 8 weeks, before CISAS will consider our complaints...by which time our broadband will be no more

I do wonder if any legally knowledgeable souls are reading this, and care to put a personal viewpoint over to us?

Thanks for your kind comments re my letter...if it helps others, I am happy
  • Woodlandman
    Here is my response from OFCOM:

Ofcom reference: 1-216552397

28 August 2012

Dear Mr P*****

Thank you for contacting Ofcom on 26 August 2012 about your complaint against Orange.

I understand you are unhappy that Orange is now changing their terms with regards to free broadband. Whilst providers are able to make changes to a contract at anytime, at least one months notice should be given as per Ofcom regulations.

If the change will cause a substantial increase in the bill (material detriment) the provider should make you aware of your right to cancel without penalty. If the change will not cause material detriment it is likely the provider will hold the consumer to the contract.

In terms of escalating your complaint, if you feel material detriment has occurred and Orange will not let you cancel penalty free, you should take this through their complaints process found at:
    LINK REMOVED
    If you exhaust this process, or if your complaint has been ongoing for over 8 weeks, you may be able to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. An ADR scheme is an important piece of consumer protection as they are free and independent for consumers like you. Orange must abide by their decision but if you remain unhappy you are free to consider legal action

Orange’s ADR scheme is CISAS (Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme). CISAS can be contacted at:

CISAS
    International Dispute Resolution Centre
    70 Fleet Street
    London
    EC4Y 1EU

Phone: 020 7520 3814
    LINK REMOVED
    Although we do not become involved in individual disputes I have logged your experience here. This feeds into the statistics which we collate to monitor trends in consumer concerns. Where we see a rise in similar complaints against the same company we may take further action.

I hope this information is useful.

Yours sincerely

Consumer Contact Team

I have plagurised Gadgetmasters letter (thanks Gadgetmaster) & mailed to orange:

Complaints Dept
    Orange UK plc
    Po Box 486
    Rotherham

S63 5ZX

Mobile A/C: ******* Broadband A/C: *****

Mbl *********** E-mail *******************

Dear Sir,

I write following in receipt of an e-mail & letter from yourselves, advising me of a material change to my mobile phone contract – specifically, the removal of the free home broadband service.

When I renewed my mobile contract with you, the phones4u assistant confirmed with your call centre operative that I would continue to receive the free broadband for the duration of my mobile contract and was assured that this was the case. I have actually had this confirmed verbally each time I have renewed my contract with orange.
    I have now been informed that this statement was untrue and my broadband will cease to operate on 15/10/2012.
    I have also been told by your customer services department that there is nothing that I can do to retain the free broadband unless I am prepared to move my home telephone supply away from BT, to Orange home line rental.
    This I am not prepared to do as i have benefits in place that I do not want to loose and also want to keep my options open with my home line.

I would also like to point out that item number 6 of the original terms of use Of the free broadband offer clearly states that the free broadband shall be in place for the duration of my eligible mobile contract.
    This is what I would have expected to happen if orange were to withdraw the free broadband and not try to “bully” the customers into purchasing another product to retain it.

This action will now have a significant material change to my monthly outgoings leaving me facing an additional monthly bill from October up to the expiry of my mobile contracts next September.

Despite this material change, I have been advised that I am unable to cancel my current mobile contract without penalty (£340), which I find unacceptable, if not a breach of contract.
    I have already notified OFCOM of my concerns, and wish to raise a formal complaint with yourselves. Ofcom reference: 1-216552397

OFCOM have stated the below clause which I feel is the case with your current action as I will have to pay Orange an additional charge for a home line account or get my broadband else where resulting in an increase in my monthly out goings.
    “If the change will cause a substantial increase in the bill (material detriment) the provider should make you aware of your right to cancel without penalty”.

At this time, I require either, and in order of preference:

· Continuation of the free broadband service for the remaining duration of my current mobile phone contract.
    ·
    Penalty free cancellation of my current mobile contract, with PAC code provided, together with a MAC code for my Broadband.

I trust that I may look forward to hearing from you by return.

Yours faithfully

I will keep everyone updated of any further response.
    • Eva49
    • By Eva49 30th Aug 12, 9:01 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Eva49
    Further Update
    Orange had 48hrs to respond to my phone call, given that they haven't responded or indeed logged it,but have passed it on to their broadband department.I went back to Ofcom and was advised to complain using the Orange Code of Practice.
    Interestingly the address to which they told me to send my complaint was Patchway, Bristol.
    I consider broadband was an integral part of my mobile phone contract and therefore expect Orange Mobile Service to address my complaint.
    Orange executive office have agreed there appears have been a lack of communication between the 2 departments.
  • beelzecubz
    Having spoken at length over the last few days with advisors, supervisors and managers at Orange, I feel I've got necessary and pertinent information.

The free home broadband was a perq given to run alongside mobile contracts (either new or renewed) between 2004 and 2009 (I may be a bit out there).

Once that contract had run out, Orange continued to provide the free broadband for as long as it was cost effective. Apparently, it's no longer cost effective but can remain free if taking out one of the line rental deals put together specifically for the affected customers.

Although it does seem a bit arm-twisty, having gotten the details of all the deals, for a large majority of customers, switching to Orange for their line rental is going to be cheaper in the long run than going elsewhere for broadband, even if you're in contract elsewhere.

Even for just line rental with BT for instance, you'll pay £14.60 (Which incidentally is increasing to £15.45 in January) per month. If you choose to take broadband elsewhere, you'll have the additional cost of that on top of your line rental.

With Orange, you'll pay £11.50 for the first three months and then £14 thereafter for line rental entitling customers to keep free broadband (on a definite contract - the free broadband isn't part of the mobile contract, despite protestations to the contrary).

There were other deals as well, on a sliding scale dependent on whether you're on the Orange network or not.

Admittedly, yes, customers will pay MORE to Orange each month, but will end up paying LESS for their services, and for me at least, this is, in these times of penny-stretching and pound-squeezing the bottom line.

I also checked on the broadband and with BT, Talk Talk and SKY, no matter what you pay for their broadband, there's a data usage cap and Orange's is completely uncapped (although I was told that during certain times, voice traffic will be prioritised on the network). Bearing in mind that BT want to charge a fiver for every gig of data I use over their paltry 10Gb cap, and Orange don't, staying with Orange is the cheaper option overall.

Doing a bit of maths, even if you've paid upfront for BT line rental, you'll save money over the length of the contract with Orange because you're not paying Broadband charges on top.

It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that Orange are trying to make people pay more because they're not, they're trying to make you pay more TO THEM, which is a completely different kettle of fish as people's bills will decrease (or the value of their package will increase) dependent on which package they take. They're a business, what are you gonna do?

It doesn't seem fair, considering how long the broadband has been free, but as it's not part of the mobile contract and as reasonable notice has been given, They're entirely within their legal rights to change the T+C of the offer.

With regard to the change causing a substantial increase in the bill, well, it's all in the wording, withdrawing the free broadband will cause no increase at all in 'THE BILL' because it's free, isn't it? And you can say that you'll have to fork out for another provider's broadband so yes it will increase the bill but you'd be mistaken because THE BILL specifically refers to Orange's bill, which won't change.

If all the information had been available rather than just being told ORANGE IZ BAD MMMKAY?, I think people would have been able to make a better informed decision regarding their services.

Oh, and you'll also get free caller ID, and a free voicemail service.

And no, I do NOT work for Orange...
    Last edited by beelzecubz; 30-08-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Misspelling
  • Nashwan 3012
    Rang the number 08000790134 as given by the post from DAVD_P.
    The response I got from the male employee of Orange was "Where diid you get this number from?" He became most insistent that I give him this info and was basically at first not interested in anything else I wished to say. Only when it became apparent to him that I was not going to say and that I wanted to register a complaint about the withdrawal of my FREE broadband he was suddenly not dealing with broadband only mobiles and anyway I had got to start at the beginning and go through their procedure. Having explained that yesterday I had been bounced from one operator to another having rung the number on their letter to me and I was not prepared to be pushed around the system again he then said if I was prepared to hold on he would talk to the broadband guys in his office. After several minutes he came back and said that what had been done was perfectly legal and that Orange had not breached any contract regarding the FREE broadband and they would not be doing this if they were not within there rights. At no stage did he ask who I was or a contact phone number. It was made perfectly clear that he would do nothing else for me. It was obvious that he had no interest in customer relations and at this point I told him that I was not prepared to continue the conversation. He made no effort to take details of myself or my complaint. I feel very let down by Orange and hope that there is somebody out there who has the finances to mount a legal challenge to Orange. What is the point of any contract if the issuer gives themselves the right to change the conditions at any time they wish which it appears we have all signed up to. I wish I was able to issue contracts like this, what a way to eventually dump your customers when you feel that they have had more than they are entitled to. Because this is obviously the way Orange are thinking.
  • Benno1uk
    Great post Beelzebub - I got accused of working for Orange when I posted earlier about how it's not such a bad offer.

I've been with Orange as a mobile and broadband customer for the last 7 years and think both services have been fine. Having just watched a documentary about a young army captain stepping on an IED in Afghanistan and subsequently dying, I can't help thinking there's worse things to worry about than the small print of a broadband contract.
  • beelzecubz
    Great post Beelzebub - I got accused of working for Orange when I posted earlier about how it's not such a bad offer.

I've been with Orange as a mobile and broadband customer for the last 7 years and think both services have been fine. Having just watched a documentary about a young army captain stepping on an IED in Afghanistan and subsequently dying, I can't help thinking there's worse things to worry about than the small print of a broadband contract.
    Originally posted by Benno1uk
    You're absolutely right, but people will always prioritise what's important to them and if money is that thing, I would at least expect people to get ALL the details rather than just go off half-cocked without at least trying to understand what's going on.

I agree, the wording of the letter/email could have been put differently and advising people they don't have a Pay Monthly contract when it's clear they do is a huge gaffe and Orange should be embarrassed for THAT, but I don't think they should be hoist aloft for a) trying to make people's services cheaper and b) acting like a business...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,866Posts Today

9,110Users online

Martin's Twitter