Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• Ok so now I'm confused.... We have UW for Gas, Elec, Home Phone & lovely Husband's Mobile. We won't get our "cashback" until maybe May as we've been with 'em for 12 mths then. But my problem is this......
    1. They aren't appearing as cheapest now for dual fuel, something called London something is.
    2. Husbands mobile won't work at his place of work (can't get a signal), call goes straight to answerphone. We have complained about this and all UW suggest is upgrading the phone....at of course additional expense to us.
    3. Our home phone is UW but so his my mother-in-law so free calls to her and free calles from husband's mobile to our home-when it works... So what do we do, stay with 'em or switch?????????

My advice to you would be go back to the distributor who sold you the service,and seek his help to resolve the matter.

However i would make the following points.

T-Plus did write to all their customers on the 1/10/2005 advising about energy price increases and they did give you the opportunity to move your supplier by the 21//11/05,and if you did they would not apply increase until end of November.

Has your husbands mobile ever worked at his work place,or is it a new job? T-Mobile operate T-Plus Mobile Service (But some old customers still on O2).Like all mobile networks it does have its blindspots.What network is it on Does anyone where he works use T-Mob/O2 and if so do their phones work ,if not it sounds like a black spot. Get him to try sim in unlocked phone and see if it works at work place,that will confirm if its a phone problem or a network one.

If its a new contract you presumbaly signed at least a one year contract for mobile so you would have to keep it till at least May.

At the moment you stand to lose £30 cash back,and free calls if you move Gas/ Electric and Landline before end of first year ,£20 if you just moved energy ,how does that compare to the savings you can make moving supplier.Bearing in mind it will be at least six weeks before you can qualify for cheaper prices.
  • NigeWick wrote:
    If I were to live in London, it may not and I would change it.Nigel.

Hi Nigel.

Did you miss fact that the Lady we are replying to lives in Glossop.

Regards. John.
  • erm...... Husband's sim works in my Nokia and has a good signal but in his Ericsson it's no or hardly any signal at the same place on his desk???? His Uw mobile is Piggy backed on O2 and no body else at work has the same probs.

As to the dual fuel might leave things as they are until my 12 mths is up and bag the cash back and then do a runner.

UW customer service is rubbish. As for an introducer we signed up via a website think it was uswitch.
    Panda on My Shoulder

If you can make it cheaper do so. If it's not reduced, in Primark, off ebay or free I can't have it
    :rotfl:
  • erm...... Husband's sim works in my Nokia and has a good signal but in his Ericsson it's no or hardly any signal at the same place on his desk???? His Uw mobile is Piggy backed on O2 and no body else at work has the same probs.

As to the dual fuel might leave things as they are until my 12 mths is up and bag the cash back and then do a runner.

UW customer service is rubbish. As for an introducer we signed up via a website think it was uswitch.

So his phone did work but it does not now. I assume its now out of contract and you cant get it repaired.

When you say its rubbish ring up and ask to speak to a Team Leader if you are not happy about level of CS you are/have recieved, if they dont theirs a problem how can they fix it for you.

Hope you manage to get things sorted.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,714
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    john.plus wrote:
    Did you miss fact that the Lady we are replying to lives in Glossop
    I was using me as an example. If *I* were to move, my best overall value deal may change. Obviously I should have worded it better.

Nigel.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Living in the Portsmouth area, I suggest using Npower for gas and electricity bills and if possible NTL for phone, internet, and TV + family channel £38.00 my optional feature is topup on you telephone using this service you are charged £1.50 and national calls then cost 1p unlimited in my case I call international. I have gone through the list of companies and utility warehouse being bottom. Problems I did have with NTL, but since having a direct line to the MD bat phone I can honestly say I have had no problems during the past 6 months and had no reason to call them.

Remember guys, Living in Portsmouth , we are the most populated city for its size so lets get the best for our money from the utility companies instead of them dictating prices to us lets turn the tables as I am tired of paying through the nose and as Martin as said in the past, " all these companies want is your money" not likely champ.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • Not NTL the people that charge you 6p to connect a call before you start.The same outfit that are abolishing their Customer Service Freephone number.

You fail to mention that the premium rate top up service you use,also charges you 5p connection per call.
  • this, I suppose, is a tentative link to UW.

I recently switched from them to Seeboard saving myself£800p.a. on dual fuel costs but it's the comparison services I'm more interested in.

I plugged exactly the same annual usage info into USwitch and the energyhelpline, they both came up with exactly the same annual usage costs for my existing supplier, both suggested Seeboard as the cheapest alternative but both had different estimated annual savings totals! How? Is there a commission difference between "switch engines" -just curious in case some of my estimated saving is being "filtered" off as comission. Went with the USwitch option - the champagne did it for me and at leat I'm away from UW!
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not NTL the people that charge you 6p to connect a call before you start.The same outfit that are abolishing their Customer Service Freephone number.

You fail to mention that the premium rate top up service you use,also charges you 5p connection per call.

I failed to mention the premium because it dont exist for me as I stated I divert my calls through other networks ie: Teletopup which I use to call France and nationally. NTL gets very little out of me it usually the reverse £160.00 last year in compensation, as I said all is well now I have a direct number to the Bat phone so really the freephone customer services don't apply to me anyway as the most I would pay is a penny.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • Calin
    Calin Posts: 1 Newbie
    Guess?! Two months with Utility warehouse for telecom products and....i saved NOTHING. Actually i lost more then 34£!
    I called to ask if i could switch back to my old provider and guess again?! I must pay a PENALTY of 242.00£.
    Great SAVINGS?
    Plus their Internet technical support has a 0900 NUMBER!! Thats CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    If you didnt do the mistake. STAY AWAY. BT has ...at least good service, including saturdays and sundays and the operators ARE NOT RUDE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure