Open Jaw return to BKK and KUL from £214

Oman Air currently have an excellent fare to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur, flying out of Zurich and back into London from £214 return.
Departures December 'til June. Two month ticket methinks. Latest return in July...I think.

Fare examples:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    not worth the hassle of flying to Zurich time you add travelling time possible overnight accomadation & baggage , i know some people will think this is cheap though
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Kernow666 wrote: »
    not worth the hassle of flying to Zurich time you add travelling time possible overnight accomadation & baggage , i know some people will think this is cheap though

Overnight?? Why would you need an overnight to catch a flight leaving Zurich at 22.15?

It is cheap. Some will have FF miles to take them to Zurich. Others can pay £50 for a flight and luggage taking the price to £265.

Some can just fly with a full fare airline such as Swiss or BA for £100, taking the price to £314.

Show me anything that comes close.

I wonder why you are posting. Your advice is never auspicious.
  • NiftyDigits
    Notwithstanding the ridiculous comment from Kernow666, you can put together an amazingly cheap trip to OZ in conjunction with Air Asia.

For example in January, you can fly with them to Perth for as little as £135 in January. £160 with 20kg of checked luggage.

So one can put together a twin centre holiday(Kuala Lumpur and Perth) flight combination easily for around £400.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Notwithstanding the ridiculous comment from Kernow666, you can put together an amazingly cheap trip to OZ in conjunction with Air Asia..

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 November 2015 at 10:24PM
    You can convert the miles you'd earn for around £15 in cash too if you credit to etihad (assuming you have no use for a small amount of miles), making it roughly £200!

You can also have a stopover in muscat for about a tenner (or free if you only want one day and select the flights with a 28hr duration).
  • NiftyDigits
    Sample dates to Perth(to incorporate a stopover in KL):

jas.jpg

jas2.jpg

jas3.jpg

Airport hotel for £25 as the Air Asia return flight from Perth arrives either lunchtime or at night the day before the Oman flight takes off. I would take the afternoon flight, arrive at 22.55, sleep and the airport hotel and walk to the departure terminal refreshed for the flight to London in the morning.

Of course you could avoid this by having your KL stopover at the end of the trip. But I think it's better at the beginning, after a long journey from London.

One can also fly into Perth and out of Sydney/Gold Coast/Melbourne/Bali.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure