Solar FIT - EPC Certificate date issue

So I've bought a new build property with Solar panels fitted.

I've sent BGas all the info req for the FIT (feed in tarrif) to get paid for the energy I generate but dont use and have now been told...

"As per OFGEM guidelines all installations must have an EPC certificate dated before the date of the installation. As your EPC is dated 11/03/2016, you will now receive the lower tariff rate"

So basically because the EPC cert if dated a month after the MCS cert (mcs/install cert dated 26/2/16) I get put on the lowest tariff ! As my house EPC cert is a B I should be on the highest tariff, and its a massive difference between the two
So I've asked Bgas how I can resolve this without a time machine and they said they didn't know (what a surprise) and I went on the Government gateway and found and contact 3 local EPC assessors all who dont really know how to resolve the issue apart from telling me to contact ofgem

So only way round this I think is to get new MCS certificate one with a fresh date on if poss. The name of the company who installed is on the cert so I will try contact them.

Any one else had this issue or point me in right direction to resolve???

Seems petty over a date a couple of weeks apart

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you re-post in the Green and Ethical section of this forum. That is where the experts on solar PV/MCS registration etc contribute.
  • ogwellian
    ogwellian Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2018 at 3:59PM
    Same problem here. We're one of eight new build homes all with solar panels. When the first two were finished, the builder got the solar panels commissioned, but for all eight houses.

Luckily, for them they had already been EPCd so receive the higher tariff.

Us and the five others weren't finished enough for being EPCd and we've all ended up on the lower tariff.

So annoying, but it seems nothing can be done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure