Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Drove into Lidl earlier for a big shop. It's a standard sized store, but the car park is small, perhaps 30 spaces at best. I expected to queue for a bit, but not for the queue to obstruct both sides of the road. The reason being 2 large Lidl delivery tricks were also in the car park - one coming, one going - and selfish shoppers in their cars just did not want to give them way. I saw some tricky manoeuvres from my vantage point on the road, and one of the lorry drivers wiped sweat from his brow. Kudos to both for managing so well in stressful circumstances.

All Lidl store staff work damned hard for their money, truck drivers included.

Noticed cucumbers have gone up to 50p btw.

I have seen customers in Aldi parking in the loading bay! Just want to see a truck coming and crush the car! Owner cannot sue Aldi or their insurance company shouldn't pay out for the driver's stupidity
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    Talking of parking.....

Last time I went to Aldi, a lone woman parked in a parent & child space. Took a childs car seat out of the boot, put it in the car and swanned into Aldi.

How is that for brass neck????
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Talking of parking.....

Last time I went to Aldi, a lone woman parked in a parent & child space. Took a childs car seat out of the boot, put it in the car and swanned into Aldi.

Classic !! :D
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All joking aside, Aldi needs to look at its car parking a bit more carefully.

I have had a previous car badly scratched, I suspect at least in part due to the lack of space in an Aldi car park. As I now have a car that I really want to look after, if I see my local Aldi's car park is busy, I give it a miss. They are trying to get too many cars into very small spaces, judging from the two Aldis I frequent.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A._Badger wrote: »
    All joking aside, Aldi needs to look at its car parking a bit more carefully.

I have had a previous car badly scratched, I suspect at least in part due to the lack of space in an Aldi car park. As I now have a car that I really want to look after, if I see my local Aldi's car park is busy, I give it a miss. They are trying to get too many cars into very small spaces, judging from the two Aldis I frequent.

The Aldi near me always has someone parking under the specials board - which has yellow hatched lines. I have complained as there are two spaces where it's impossible to leave if a lazy idiot parks on area mentioned above. Couldn't care less. Although it's illegal to park or stop on yellow hatched lines.

Though the other two nearest me, the car parks are large. One of them is in a retail park.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ....Although it's illegal to park or stop on yellow hatched lines.

Probably doesn't apply on private land.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Probably doesn't apply on private land.

Used to work in a place where we had doors going out of the building on the sides with 'Fire exit - do not park within yellow box'.

I was lead to believe by my company if anybody park there with no business with our company, they were trespassing and would be removed because they were blocking the fire exit.

If they were doing business with our company, they were asked to move. If they ignored us and damage was done to thier vehicle, it was thier problem. This was due to the fact when they entired our private property, ( which Aldi would also be in this case), they were bond by our policies and t&c's of being allowed on said property.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Grapes in Lidl have jumped up by 50p/Kg :(
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Talking of parking.....

I just leave the car seat up, kids with me or not :p
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I just leave the car seat up, kids with me or not :p
    Me too, but if I don't have the LO in the car I don't use the child parking space.

The space at the side is handy when getting kids in and out of the car though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure