does ssp affect housing benefit

Options
    i am on housing benefit and just broke my arm. i am working 10 hours a week min wage. if i go on ssp would it affect my benefit.

Comments

• paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    if you are only working 10 hrs on min wage you wont be entitled to ssp.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • mynameistallulah
    Options
    If you are not entitled to SSP, you would need to claim ESA. You will need to inform the LA of your change in circumstances, and they will recalculate your entitlement accordingly. As you will be claiming means tested ESA, you will receive full HB/ LHA, so it will either make no difference or you will receive more than you currently do.
  • CAB_Wyre_Forest_representative
    CAB_Wyre_Forest_representative Posts: 117 Organisation Representative
    Options
    cakequeen wrote: »
    1. i am on housing benefit and just broke my arm. i am working 10 hours a week min wage. if i go on ssp would it affect my benefit.

To get SSP, you must earn more than £107 a week.If you cannot get SSP, for example, because you do not earn enough your employer will give you form SSP1 and tell you why. You can use form SSP1 to claim ESA from your local Jobcentre Plus office if you are not entitled to SSP

You will still be eligible for HB.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure