Sar Letter

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    modey-iom wrote: »
    Hi, yes it was a full sar request which I used the template letter on the front page, I sent it to the lloyds sar request team along with a cheque for £10.It hasn't actually been 40 days yet but I just presumed they would send everything out together and not just a couple of agreements sent by my local bank with a not saying " here are the copies of agreements you requested"
    I know I have had other loans before these ones it have no record of them, that's why I did a sar request.
    Who would I contact now? My local bank or the sar team I sent the original request to?
    Give them more time, if you do not get anymore paperwork then contact the Sar team.
    It is possible that the other loans could be found from the agreement numbers that you have received, especially if one was used to refinance the next. give the bank a ring and ask what they can find from the agreement numbers you have.
  • choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    Hi, I want to try and reclaim PPI from Egg for a loan that I had a few years back. It was paid off with a lump sum around this time last year and silly me, shredded all the documentation once I knew the account was closed, so I don't have a complete account number for the loan (only the last four digits from my credit file) and don't even know if there would've been an account number for the PPI.

My question is, as I can't provide an account number in my SAR letter, how are they able to look up my details (as in the letter there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put addresses, dates of birth etc).

Sorry if this has already been answered and thanks for your help in advance :)
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    choclover wrote: »
    Hi, I want to try and reclaim PPI from Egg for a loan that I had a few years back. It was paid off with a lump sum around this time last year and silly me, shredded all the documentation once I knew the account was closed, so I don't have a complete account number for the loan (only the last four digits from my credit file) and don't even know if there would've been an account number for the PPI.

My question is, as I can't provide an account number in my SAR letter, how are they able to look up my details (as in the letter there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put addresses, dates of birth etc).

Sorry if this has already been answered and thanks for your help in advance :)

Hello there

If you still bank with the same bank now where you were paying the monthly loan repayments out of, you should find these details with the bank on statements, or if you bank online it may allow you to go back 6 maybe 7 years.
    The loan account number is normally shown next to the monthly repayments.

So long as you have the account number and know you had PPI, and of course your reasons for making a reclaim, you can save yourself a tenner and continue with the reclaiming if you want to.

However, if you do want to go for the SAR, the last 4 digits maybe ,as long as you give them other further information as well in order for them to track down your accounts.
    Such as any other addresses you lived in at the time you taken out the account, any name changes and so on, include your date of birth etc. This may help.
    (You will just have to add the details to the bottom of the request or at the top before you start the letter if you want to), either way is fine.;)

Forgot to add, you could also call into the local branch and ask them to try tracking it down, or even the business themselves by ringing them.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone could tell me if this response is ok to send to Barclays ,I am trying to help 4 family members get ppi charges and have sent sars to all with the help of this site its great how people come together to help.

Dear Sir/Madam

I sent the Sar, s request on the 20thof January 2012 with a cheque for £10.00 which has not been cashed as of yetthis was sent recorded delivery and was delivered on the 23/01/2012. I have heard nothing back as of yet. It states inthe Sar, s that You must reply within 40 days as you have not If I haven’t heardfrom you in the next 14 days I will have no choice but to report you to theICO.

I enclose a copy of the original lettersent to the address below.

The address the letter was sent to isas follows:

Customer Relations

Consumer Finance

Barclays Bank PLC

Astley Byrom House

Manchester

M34AE

Yours Sincerely

Do you think I should reply to same address or use a different one I am so confused.:eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 March 2012 at 4:39PM
    pixabelle wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone could tell me if this response is ok to send to Barclays ,I am trying to help 4 family members get ppi charges and have sent sars to all with the help of this site its great how people come together to help.Do you think I should reply to same address or use a different one I am so confused.:eek:
    I'd cancel the original cheque and simply make a new request, if I were you. Send the template letter as set out in the first post of this thread. Are you a Barclay's customer? If so, take the letter(s) to your local branch and ask them to forward the letter(s) to the relevant department-ask for a receipt of course.

Remember each individual account will need it's own SAR letter and needs to be signed by the account holder.

EDIT: As you are acting on behalf of other family members, do be sure to realise that you are asking for THEIR personal information. Have you also sent the Bank their signed permission for you to act on their behalf?
  • Does anyone know the address I need to send a SAR for a Tesco loan?
  • modey-iom
    modey-iom Posts: 35 Forumite
    It's now been a week since I received two copies of loan agreements that I had through Lloyds Tsb in response to my sar request letter, received nothing else and they have cashed the £10 cheque.
    I have banked with them for over twenty years so surely they should be sending me more information than that? I could have for these loan agreement free couldn't I?
    What's the best for m of action now? Do the Lloyds Tsb sar team have a telephone number as I can't find one
  • :)
    I'd cancel the original cheque and simply make a new request, if I were you. Send the template letter as set out in the first post of this thread. Are you a Barclay's customer? If so, take the letter(s) to your local branch and ask them to forward the letter(s) to the relevant department-ask for a receipt of course.

Remember each individual account will need it's own SAR letter and needs to be signed by the account holder.

EDIT: As you are acting on behalf of other family members, do be sure to realise that you are asking for THEIR personal information. Have you also sent the Bank their signed permission for you to act on their behalf?
    :)
    Thanks so much for your help, will do.
  • [Deleted User]
    modey-iom wrote: »
    I I received two copies of loan agreements that I had through Lloyds Tsb in response to my sar request
    I have banked with them for over twenty years so surely they should be sending me more information than that?
    They'll only send you information they have on file for you. Sometimes this will be for loans and/or credit cards which are older than six years, but usually not.
    Exactly what were you expecting? If you want stuff from twenty years ago, then I think you'll continue to be disappointed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Sammiesung wrote: »
    Does anyone know the address I need to send a SAR for a Tesco loan?

Tesco Personal Finance,
    PO Box 104010,
    George House (4th Floor),
    36 North Hanover Street,
    Glasgow, G1 2YG

Perhaps telephone them first, to confirm this is the most appropriate address? 0845 600 6768
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure