IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice re broken pay and display machine

Hi, I have a court case in 2 hours fighting against a parking fine.

I got the fine because the paybyphone app was not working. I have proof that I tried to pay.

Their argument is that I should have tried to pay with money. My question is, if the parking meter was broken, would they then have ben able to issue me a fine? I am thinking of saying, "Well if the Parking meter was broken, would I have got a fine because I didn't use pay by phone?"

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,963
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hope you have more to take with you than that?

In both arguments they would probably say that you should not have parked there PPC's have come up with that one before!

You have left it a bit late to get help now, the court system is a lottery depends what side of the bed the judge got out of too!
  • fisherjim wrote: »
    I hope you have more to take with you than that?

In both arguments they would probably say that you should not have parked there PPC's have come up with that one before!

You have left it a bit late to get help now, the court system is a lottery depends what side of the bed the judge got out of too!

Oh yes, I have quite a few defence points, mainly frustration of contract. That was just another one I was wondering if I could add to it. I guess not then.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Is this another thread about your PE pcn?

You have 7 threads going about this!

You do leave it late asking for help before going to court!!

eg http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5702160
  • Quentin wrote: »
    Is this another thread about your PE pcn?

You have 7 threads going about this!

You do leave it late asking for help before going to court!!

eg http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5702160

Yep I know, I forget about it until the last minute.

I have made a new thread as don't want folk having to read all the rest of the stuff, I just wanted advice on one aspect.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You have seen how busy this forum is - imagine how busy it would be if everyone started 7 threads over one incident!

Best to keep everything in one thread. (Too late now to add to your defence)
  • Quentin wrote: »
    You have seen how busy this forum is - imagine how busy it would be if everyone started 7 threads over one incident!

Best to keep everything in one thread. (Too late now to add to your defence)

I could understand your frustration if I’d added 7 threads in one day, but it’s over 6 months. I knew I’d get less responses if I added to an existing thread with pages of replies, so created a new thread worth a very specific question.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Except that isnt what you agreed to do when you signed up.
    One case, one thread.
    How did you "know" this? I prefer threas which have some context to them.
  • Except that isnt what you agreed to do when you signed up.
    One case, one thread.
    How did you "know" this? I prefer threas which have some context to them.

Fair enough
  • read Peperlini's thread
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure