How to package up a Wii Fit - game, board, box?

2»

Comments

• Have you noticed in your link the shill bidder with 100% activity with that seller?

If you can get more than £4 for it, do you want to buy 100 of them?
    No

I notice no shill bidder. I see someone has placed a number of bids, does that mean they're a shill bidder?

It might, maybe it doesn't, i honestly don't know.

One thing i have picked up on in my time here is that quite often MSE members are very very quick to judge others. So quick they often get it wrong. Has that happened again? Maybe not but also maybe? I don't know.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No

I notice no shill bidder. I see someone has placed a number of bids, does that mean they're a shill bidder?

One thing i have picked up on in my time here is that quite often MSE members are very very quick to judge others. So quick they often get it wrong. Has that happened again? Maybe not but also maybe? I don't know.

If that's an admission that you've been quick to judge don't berate yourself. People are offering MSE advice and alternative suggestions, not something you should feel you need to judge.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I fail to see your point i'm afraid.

We can all post links, it's not a problem.

Here's one for you: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282725003311

There you go, didn't end all that long ago and total price was £23.50, what's your point?

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. The ones you linked to were worth what they sold for. The one i linked to was worth £23.50 because that's what it sold for.

I also suspect there's a better chance of the £23.50 one being posted out than the £0.99p one. Who knows, maybe it did get posted out, i'm sure you'll have a link for that.

Like i said, i'll take your word for it, i wasn't calling you a liar, just like i wasn't lying when i said i've seen them sell for more.

It is also worth remembering that just because the buyer paid £23.50 doesn't mean that's what seller got for it. The item went for £15 excluding postage, so assuming postage was reasonably accurate the seller would only have got a little over £12 after fees.

A lot of seller, myself included tend to work on the 'worth' from the sellers point of view i.e. as what the seller gets in hand, not what buyer pays. I am nearly an expert at running through ebay sold listings to check on items I see at auction and 'seeing' the net value to me rather than the sold price and I suspect a lot of other sellers work the same way. That's why value to us s completely different to ebay sold prices.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    No

You didn't notice the bidder with 100% transactions with that seller?

Check the threads where items were sold and then buyers decided they paid too much and held the seller ransom claiming a partial refund or claiming the goods were faulty. Knowing its going to cost you £5 - £8 to get it back and then possibly have to sell it again.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolin wrote: »
    It is also worth remembering that just because the buyer paid £23.50 doesn't mean that's what seller got for it. The item went for £15 excluding postage, so assuming postage was reasonably accurate the seller would only have got a little over £12 after fees.

A lot of seller, myself included tend to work on the 'worth' from the sellers point of view i.e. as what the seller gets in hand, not what buyer pays. I am nearly an expert at running through ebay sold listings to check on items I see at auction and 'seeing' the net value to me rather than the sold price and I suspect a lot of other sellers work the same way. That's why value to us s completely different to ebay sold prices.
    Except when someone talks about what an item sold for and then i also come in talking about what an item sold for then i think that's a fair comparison, no?

I too think like you as a seller. Someone asked me to go £5 including postage on an item. I thought maybe, until i then worked out that i'd get 20 something pence after deductions and postage so told them no thank you.
    so assuming postage was reasonably accurate the seller would only have got a little over £12 after fees.
    So more than £0.99 as mentioned then? ;)
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Have you sold it yet? These sell well on local Facebook groups for cash on collection, so no packaging would be needed.
    Seriously, I took one to a car boot sale and could't get a fiver for it. I then saw what they were making on Ebay and ended up taking it to the local recycling centre. Hopefully someone picked it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure