PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th June 2019

Comments

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Morning all

Quiet here, hoping everyone is ok.
    Later start for me today, I did not sleep at all well last night and feel shattered... but at least the sun is shining at the moment!
    Just having tea and breakfast and then will make a start on the dailies. WM is swishing but that’s all I’ve managed so far.

Have a good day all x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.
    Meh day yesterday. I’m hoping for a better one today.
    One cs bag has left the house this morning, to be followed shortly by a box of books.
    DD’s bed has been changed as she is out all day at her new 6th form.
    WM has run a quick load through but there are still 2 piles waiting in the floor and a full binload. I’ll get another load through after work. QHI done earlier this morning.
    15 minutes before I have to leave so I guess that I can S&S the bathroom.
    Hope the migraine vanished Iona.
    Have a good day all.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sun is out
    WM done, clothesout on line
    Downstairs all hoovered
    Bins done
    Machine walk done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,403
    Forumite
    Well, there I was, just about to step into the shower [image censored :eek:], when I looked up and spotted that the screws in both the rollers on the top of one of the sliding doors were very loose and the whole thing could fall on me at any moment. Grabbed dressing gown, raced downstairs for screwdriver and small stepladder, raced back up and spent the next half hour removing the door, tightening the screws, cleaning the bits of the rails that I can't normally reach, and putting the door back, then repeating on the other side. All is now safe, and the doors shut properly - result! :D

Kitchen S&S'd, bathroom will be done when DH has finished in there.

To do today:
    - umpteen phonecalls
    - about 60 thank-you letters
    - 14 congratulations cards for college friends as they graduate
    - post office and corner shop
    - create an application form
    - mow lawn and trim edges
  • BadCat18
    Forumite
    Hi all

Dailies done
    Washing on line although keeping a close eye on the weather as black clouds overhead!
    Office and spare room hoovered
    Hoovered top flight of stairs
    Lunch scoffed
    Back to work now, will do some more flying once I finish for the day...

Back later x
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well done Iona glad you have safe doors now. X

Dailies done
    Both of DH’s coffee machines taken apart and washed.
    Bedroom window and mirrored wardrobe polished

Daily visit to dancegran completed

Met best friend in garden centre for lunch and bought some more bird should be called squirrel food.

DH has put the bins out

DS2 is ranting as the whole school were taken to a country park for a picnic
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I had a troublesome tooth drilled yesterday for root canal treatment. This evening I walked Layla and felt a bit faint when I got close to home, so I staggered the last 400 yards or so home, ate something to keep me going then finished off a small handful of leftover vegetable crisps we had left over. The tooth has just disintegrated. *sigh*

I really need to vacuum the stairs this evening, so I'm going to have to will myself to do that and then cook supper and all I want to do is just stop.
    Better is good enough.
  • BadCat18
    Forumite
    Bathroom and en-suite scrubbed from top to bottom after work, all bins emptied for collection tomorrow. Supper cooked, eaten and clearing up done. S/s of kitchen and utility done. Just had nice bath in my clean room and am now flopped in chair!

Friday tomorrow thank goodness, have made menu plan and shop list so need to go to Mr T after work.

See you all tomorrow, hugs to those that need them x
  • Morning all, TFI Friday and it's SUNNY! Another day at the paid stuff but a 2pm finish today. I have already set the WM going with a load of whites, emptied the dishwasher, WUDUPA a few bits and fed the dog. Now to make myself look presentable for the day!

Big hugs to all, I hope the sun is shining for you xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    Forumite
    Morning all.
    Wm loaded for when DH gets home at lunchtime with a 2nd load queuing so that he doesn’t get bored ;). HHI just done to make space for the next load.
    I managed to dust through yesterday but didn’t make the vacuum cleaning as DD and I went out to wander the late night shops. It was nice to spend some time with her even if it did mean she came home with new ( but in the outlet sale) clothes.
    Full day at work today. Would rather be in the garden in the sun but at least it is Friday.
    Have a lovely day everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport