Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• Hello :hello:
    Wow I am busy this week! Was in London all day yesterday, and heading back again tomorrow for another 2 days. Still awful in terms of this s***ing cough but better every day. Just waiting for a portion of my Christmas Soup to defrost Foxgloves - plenty of veggies in that. I really can't wait until I can take a deep breath in without a coughing fit - looking forward to that :rotfl:
    Was in work today - not doing that brilliantly, but there and working hard and getting stuff done. :D I'm off tomorrow and Friday for exam related stuff and then will be busy marking for the next 3 weeks so may be a bit quiet. I will try and check in ocassionally.
    Got home from work to my Decree Absolute today. I am officially divorced :j:beer: Now just the financials to sort out.
  • P.S. F0xh0les - 3 more weeks until hols. I am looking forward to the rest already :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy divorce day.
    I had very mixed feelings when mine came through.
    Take care & try not to overdo it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Yay to being officially divorced :j
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello :hello:
    Wow I am busy this week! Was in London all day yesterday, and heading back again tomorrow for another 2 days. Still awful in terms of this s***ing cough but better every day. Just waiting for a portion of my Christmas Soup to defrost Foxgloves - plenty of veggies in that. I really can't wait until I can take a deep breath in without a coughing fit - looking forward to that :rotfl:
    Was in work today - not doing that brilliantly, but there and working hard and getting stuff done. :D I'm off tomorrow and Friday for exam related stuff and then will be busy marking for the next 3 weeks so may be a bit quiet. I will try and check in ocassionally.
    Got home from work to my Decree Absolute today
    . I am officially divorced :j:beer: Now just the financials to sort out.

You slipped that in at the end! Is that because it was an anticlimax after all this time or mixed feelings ie what could have been or ?? Ignore the question if you'd rather BTW :)
  • CCL - Congratulations. I hope it's a weight off your shoulders. I can still think back to some of the bad times you had with him latterly and today seemed so far away it was almost imaginable.

Take care of yourself today.
  • teapot2 wrote: »
    You slipped that in at the end! Is that because it was an anticlimax after all this time or mixed feelings ie what could have been or ?? Ignore the question if you'd rather BTW :)

I'm chuffed to bits that it's finally here, but I kind of did my celebrating for it a week or so ago when I went out with friends and family. Didn't want to appear double greedy for celebrating again... I don't have any sort of mixed feelings or emotions. I'm happy and relieved - I did most of my grieving over the summer which is when I was all over the place emotionally.
    I suppose in a way I am very lucky that his complete lack of contact with me and the kids has taken the worry and emotion away. I still think he sees himself as the one that's been hard done by in the whole situation though - but if that's easier for him then so be it.
    I will only truly celebrate once everything financial is sorted out though - that's where I will be hit the hardest. I've just had to pay £255 court application fee for a judge to sort the financials out as ex hasn't made any sort of contact apart from his drunken turn up at the door before Christmas. Another step closer...
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,872 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j Happy for You:j:j:j:j:j:j
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Hello :hello:
    I'm shattered! Still not properly better but about a million times better than I have been over the past week. I still have an awful cough and can't get through the day without a massive amount of medication, but I am getting there very slowly. It has been an exhausting week anyway, without my being ill on top of everything. I've been to London and back and London again, plus work, plus exam marking. Thank goodness I have good friends and family looking after my children, cats and house.
    There's not a lot to report with my being as busy as I am. Everything else goes by the wayside because I have such a small amount of spare time to get any bits of moneysaving etc done. The frog list is building up and I will have lots to do once things calm down a bit at this end but I'm enjoying a bit of relaxing time for the first time in over a week without feeling like I'm dying (although don't be tricked into thinking I'm very well because I'm not - I ache all over and it even hurts when I breathe because I've done so much coughing over 9 days). I think I'm going to treat myself with a very early night and hopefully a good rest tonight. Wild Friday eh?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you are a wee bit better :)
    Take care & rest as much as you can!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure